GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Me, mine gets used everyday but my daily drive is only about 5 miles, however, twice a week the wife uses it for a slightly longer commute.

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
Yeah I use mine to drive into town most days, go Tesco sometimes, niece in the back in babyseat. Works much better than my 350z!

·
R35 Section manager
11,051 Posts
Used to use my 33 daily. Only downside is finding a safe place to park the car to avoid car park dings. 35 would make a good daily.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Use my GTR daily...used to be a weekend car but when daughter arrived I never used it as we used the Audi Avant for famnily duties...sold my run around and now drive GTR everyday...daughter has her child seat in back and loves it

·
Registered
644 Posts
yea can easily be used daily but it really depends where you live and plan to drive it mostly.. the ride is very rough, specially with the stock tires and finding a safe parking spot can sometimes be annoying..

·
Registered
81 Posts
Use it as my daily drive but also have Clio 200 for going to certain clients and have just put winters on (Clio) so will use that in the worst of the weather.

·
Registered
941 Posts
My GTR is my only car but I work from home a lot so I don't use mine every day but 3 days a week I have to drop the wee man off at nursery.
As long as there's someone wide enough to park it, I don't mind driving the GTR anywhere.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Only had less than a week but finding daily driving no problem my 5 and 8 year old love it in the back (I do make them remove shoes though). Only problem I have found is I was already on first name terms with my local petrol station as other car is Disco 4 however suspect I may be elevated to there xmas card list if the first week in the GTR is anything to go by!!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
It depends on where you drive and for how long I guess. For example, my roads are very narrow so I would hate to have to use them every day and the roads aren't long enough for the GTR to stretch it's legs a bit. It's more or less a weekend car, but I love it and would sometimes take it for a drive during the week after work if I feel like it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
use mine everyday to drive to work. No complaints.

I did change to MY12 suspension though to make it more comfortable. :chuckle:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I use mine for commute which varies from 10 miles to 30 miles.

I would say it's fairly reliable minus some occasions where it failed me on either common failures or discharged battery (curse the tracker!)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Is my daily driver most days but will think twice if i know I'm going to have to park somewhere questionable - too much fun to only use it occasionally - and (when I remember that it is not my child) cars are there to be driven :)

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Lol funny thread, BigRick my local Tesco love me, I fill it up twice a week at about 160 quid, a mate found out so now I have to use his points card, I think he gets 1p per pound lol.

Funny thing is I don't have to commute as I work from home thank god, I can't handle daytime driving anymore, went to halfords the other afternoon though and in the space of an hour was caught up in a herd of cows, cars following a tractor that simply would not make any attempt to pass it (number 2 causes the queue), drivers at roundabouts that sat there for minutes giving way to cars that hadn't even reached the roundabout on their right, then to top it off the worst tailgating I've ever witnessed, 6 feet off my bumper by a marked police car.

But back to the question, I use it every night for fun and it never misses a beat. If I had to drive during the day I would probably top myself!

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
It's my daily driver, short but enjoyable trip into work everyday.

My kids insist I pick them up from school every Friday, the one day I can, and I avoid places such as Tesco, if I can.

Usual care needed with parking and avoiding car parks with stupidly narrow access, bumper scuff marks on walls is a good sign of one to avoid !

Find any excuse to drive it, don't plan on hibernating the car for winter, never have done with any car, never will :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts