GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever made of of these? Just a thought that came to me. Would make a mental car with a mid-engined GTR lump. 600bhp+ in a pulsar!

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
It wouldn't fit, period. Longitudinal fitment would leave no room anywhere for the gearbox, lateral (is that how you dsecribe 'side-to-side'?) fitment would yield the same problem.

Plus I don't think it'd cost no more to get an SR20DET to 600bhp than to get an RB26 there...

·
Registered
44 Posts
A mate (who's also on here) was gonna try it... he had a Pulsar shell and full R33 GTR running gear, plans for all the fabrication, etc. but something came up just before he was about to kick it off, so he ended up flogging all the bits on... was a shame cos he could've done it, but he's onto bigger and better things now... Maybe one day someone will...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Lex DakarDatsun said:
asked mark @ Abbey M/S bout this yrs ago - he suggested around 15k to do the conversion :D
That's a business figure for it to be worth his while... it can be done ton's cheaper... just ask Ian ;) :smokin:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I know someone who currently has an RB26DETT in one of his Pulsar shells... Just having a little trouble with the steering assembly... Its a very slow project and not at the top of his priority list just now...

Same person is also building a Twin engined GTiR...

I'll let the person come forward when he wants to... Its not for me to reveal whose building these cars...

Rishi

·
Registered
121 Posts
saw a gti-r in japan 2years ago with a RB26

dont know how it fitted
the engine looked bigger than the car

i guess it drove and steered like a pig too

that engine is too heavy for the gti-r
like the guy said above its best to get the power from the sr20

and lol get the extra 25bhp from demon tweeks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts