GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Power-lovers,

Well, we all knew it would happen some time, but it did yesterday.

A well-known GTR (that I used to part-own) ran on a well-known dyno, at a well-known tuner (no need for advertising in this thread) and made the following power:

1015bhp at the axles!

Needless to say this is just a power at axles figure, the true engine power is obviously higher, but I don't think that the figure above needs improving by adding a huge imaginary transmission-loss figure.

It certainly blew me away so I'll say it again:

1015bhp at the axles

Now let's hope the car gets the power to the ground at TOTB2......

Guy

·
Registered
799 Posts
aww thats awesome guy and congrats mate, ive seen the pics of your old car it was awesome, remember when u posted it at the evo forum, thats the one u are talking about aint it, that was a babe

i bet u are missing her now, u gonna do the same with your new one

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
good result what spec is 32 running now as lisas driving it aint she at totb2 ?? assume this is same car

well done mm first one to 1400 brake then ???

lee

·
Registered
426 Posts
Guy said:

1015bhp at the axles

Guy
Guy,

Was that using the THOR 1600bhp Dynapack? The one that will be at Billing and 10OTB2?

Or on Abbey's own dynapack (I thought that 1 was only rated at 800bhp at the axles hence my query)

PS fantastic effort! :D

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dyno

It was at Abbey, I believe they have uprated from their original dynos. They also supplied the Thor Dyno I believe.

I think that this reading was at the limit of their dyno (and may even have exceeded the normal 'limit').

Anyway, I think we should all be pleased that finally there is a genuine dyno-proven 1000bhp+ GTR in the UK.

Guy

·
Registered
426 Posts
That is a fantastic achievement - is there a current up-to-date spec sheet for the car?

The old Project X web pages haven't been updated for a while. It would be nice to see how the projet has progressed over the year.

Cheers

·
Registered
55 Posts
**** me:eek:

Quote; Needless to say this is just a power at axles figure, the true engine power is obviously higher, but I don't think that the figure above needs improving by adding a huge imaginary transmission-loss figure.

Well fooking said

·
Registered
799 Posts
causing trouble r u bob :D , only one cossie can take the skylines on and its martins, theirs only one other kevs but he aint going down but andy is their aint he, his is fast.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Guy said:
Dear Power-lovers,

Well, we all knew it would happen some time, but it did yesterday.

A well-known GTR (that I used to part-own) ran on a well-known dyno, at a well-known tuner (no need for advertising in this thread) and made the following power:

1015bhp at the axles!

Needless to say this is just a power at axles figure, the true engine power is obviously higher, but I don't think that the figure above needs improving by adding a huge imaginary transmission-loss figure.

It certainly blew me away so I'll say it again:

1015bhp at the axles

Guy
bloody fantastic fair play to everyone involed with the beast :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

marco

·
Registered
20 Posts
its hot in the kitchen

lets try this 1
cars run on their tyres
NOT ON THEIR HUBS
see you soon

nevertheless, that's a fantastic result Guy, congrats mate.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts