GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We all see this coming, and now is offical. It is a sad day for U.S. GTR enthusiasts.

The owner of Motorex, the guy who made GTR importation into the U.S. possible, was arrested by the Los Angeles county Sheriff 2 days ago, for fraud or possibly some other crime he committed, because his bail is 1 million USD.

http://app4.lasd.org/iic/details.cfm?qwert='.2$^[email protected]

The lease to the Motorex facility was overdue for months, it is now locked out by the landlord.

The U.S. department of transportation, has offically rescind import eligibility for the R32 and R34, only 96-98 R33 is still allow to be imported.

At the end, however great the GTR is, it is not worth all these.

Life goes on and we are all looking forward to the Infiniti GTR.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Weren't RBMotoring becoming/were a Registered Importer?

Does anyone know where everything started going wrong with Motorex?

It is such a shame this has happened, the GTR Tuning World would have been really helped out by USA's involvement (e.g. Supra Tuning), and I personally would of loved to have one day been directly involved in working with GTR's in USA.

·
Registered
37 Posts
What about skyline-imports.com or skylinerevolution.com? Ive talked to the guy from skyline revolution before. Are they no longer allowed either?:confused:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yea what about RB-Motoring? Thought they were authorized to import GT-Rs to the U.S. And really why only the BCNR33? Can anyone make sense of this?

·
Registered
243 Posts
psd1 said:
Nice first post? Is this Hiro posting from jail???

LOL

do they have Internet in jails?

but i am sure you can import skylines in some states in the us with all the DOT/EPA restrictions,

·
6,817 Posts
I would be interseted how Apexi USA will restructure thier GTR34 parts sale in the US,as thier Showcar is a white GTR34?! . . and was ment for publicity purpose.:( :confused:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
leon said:
only R33??? Why ?? what is the difference??? because the yanks like the R33 look so they let them in???
Only 96'+ because those came with dual airbags.

No newer then 98' because all 99'+ cars in the U.S. needs a U.S. only OBD2 computer, it is a monitoring computer required by the U.S. government, and Japanese spec cars don't have them.

And like Bean mention, Motorex only crashed tested an R33 has something to do with it.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LAURENCE said:
Weren't RBMotoring becoming/were a Registered Importer?
I think they tried, but the high difficulty and the low profit margin probably made them lost interest.

LAURENCE said:
Does anyone know where everything started going wrong with Motorex?
It went wrong since the beginning, it takes the U.S. government many years to catch up to them.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
JDM driftER said:
What about skyline-imports.com or skylinerevolution.com? Ive talked to the guy from skyline revolution before. Are they no longer allowed either?:confused:
GTRJack said:
WHY R33??! What's wrong with the R32 and R34 (which I think it's the best of them all) ??? :confused:

There are some guys who has imported R32 GTR's to the US. I think they know how to do it legally. He's got a forum at: http://www.jdmsupercars.com
Motorex was the only company that can legalized a GTR legally. All other companies that claimed they can do it, does them illegally. There are always ways to get around the law. The government might be slow, but eventually they will knock on your door, and this is where your car going to end up:

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB4&Number=68072995&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Neale said:
If you only liked the R34, and money was no objects could you not import and R34 shell, just slam in some 33 internals when your in the US?
That is one very common illegal way to have a GTR in the U.S.

If money is no object to someone, I don't think a GTR is desirable to that person. Especially with all that hassle involve with having one in the U.S. If someone is going to take on that hassle, at least do it to a worthy car like a Mclaren F1.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts