GTR Forum banner

gtr in bits

984 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  bazgtr 
#1 ·
hello this is my very first post on this forum how do you do nice to meet yall ill get straight too it im in the middle of a rebuild/upgrade on my 32 gtr im at the stage where im just about to order crank bearings im fully aware that the nissan numbers are not to be trusted (ive heard the horror storys) also im fitting hks rods to a stock crank so i have no rod numbers this is my plan of action please give me your thoughts and correct me if im wrong.Before i order new bearings i will

A:check clearence of mains using plastigauge by sitting crank back into to block with original bearings , laying strips of plastigauge on main journals fitting crank ladder torque bolts remove ladder measure plastigauge if clearance is above limit order thicker bearings if clearence is within limits use the same grade

B:check clearence of bigend bearings , lay strip of plastigauge on bigend journal fit hks rod(as these rods will be used not stock) using original bearings torque ,remove cap measure plastigauge if clearence is accecptable order this grade if clearance is excessive order thicker bearing or perhaps with new rods clearance maybe too small???

from what i can gauge from going through various forums this is the way to do it keeping in mind hks rods stock crank

what do ya think feel free to correct me if im way off

See less See more
#5 ·
Ron's atop bloke and has never told me to sod off in six years in knowing him.

Keith cowie could also help you as he's built his engine a few times over the last few years.

If Ron asked me for a favour then I would do it for him, Top bloke that I've got time for.

P.S. I won't touch my toes for him though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.