GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that haven't already there is a free gran truismo 6 demo that can be downloaded from the playstation store.

Once you've completed the rounds in the 370z there are bonus stages for the GTR around Silverstone. Thought some of you track fiends might appreciate the opportunity of tracking without needing new trans oil lol

·
Registered
307 Posts
Theres also a great colour designing facility within the game, so anyone looking to change the colour of your GTR, this is good to get an idea of what it will look like.

·
Registered
644 Posts
If theres any racing sim fans out here you should defiantly keep an eye out for Project Cars. Its currently in Alpha development stages and is a community funded racing game. I was lucky enough to contribute to the project early on and now get monthly builds :D. Most realistic sim in terms of car tyre physics, handling and graphics. Makes GT and Forza look like crap :p lol..

Anyways we dont have a GTR in there yet but there is a lot of talk on the forums and reference data collection for the Stock 2013 GTR and Nismo GTR :) When the game finally does come out, it will be the closest you can get to driving the car for real lol.. Worth having a look..

http://vimeo.com/69691304

·
Registered
941 Posts
Just tried GT6, shocking frame rate drops using the in-car view. Plus, even though I'd mapped the accelerator to the triggers and in knew that (little prompt at the bottom left of the screen) they do nothing, had to revert to using the stick.
Didn't look any different to GT5 to me?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just tried GT6, shocking frame rate drops using the in-car view. Plus, even though I'd mapped the accelerator to the triggers and in knew that (little prompt at the bottom left of the screen) they do nothing, had to revert to using the stick.
Didn't look any different to GT5 to me?
Yes the changes from gt5 seems subtle. Perhaps a 911 would be a better cover car for the game....progression that's small and hardly noticeable!

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
If theres any racing sim fans out here you should defiantly keep an eye out for Project Cars. Its currently in Alpha development stages and is a community funded racing game. I was lucky enough to contribute to the project early on and now get monthly builds :D. Most realistic sim in terms of car tyre physics, handling and graphics. Makes GT and Forza look like crap :p lol..

Anyways we dont have a GTR in there yet but there is a lot of talk on the forums and reference data collection for the Stock 2013 GTR and Nismo GTR :) When the game finally does come out, it will be the closest you can get to driving the car for real lol.. Worth having a look..

project C.A.R.S. trailer - Speed and Sound on Vimeo
Cool demo video! And I hope it's going to deliver on promises. I've been a big fan of GT since PS1 days. It is THE driving sim at the moment. Others have fancier graphics and smoke/marbles/flame effects, but they don't feel right. GT has always been the more realistic. I do hope CARS takes that crown.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Cool demo video! And I hope it's going to deliver on promises. I've been a big fan of GT since PS1 days. It is THE driving sim at the moment. Others have fancier graphics and smoke/marbles/flame effects, but they don't feel right. GT has always been the more realistic. I do hope CARS takes that crown.
That vid looks pretty cool!! Thanks for sharing.

Putting flame suit on but I'm a massive forza geek. Even sadder is the fact I have a seat, wheel and pedals lol. Really looking foward to project cars after seeing that clip : )

·
Registered
644 Posts
That vid looks pretty cool!! Thanks for sharing.

Putting flame suit on but I'm a massive forza geek. Even sadder is the fact I have a seat, wheel and pedals lol. Really looking foward to project cars after seeing that clip : )
:D Nice to see some gamers here lol.. I myself am a bit of a gaming/car geek and proud :p.. Have always been a big racing sim fan from before i even got my license lol so i can asure you that Pcars will take that 'crown' and its the future of the racing sim..

@saucyboy, I completely understand your need to strap on the flame suit haha, im a HUGGE fan of Forza and so are a lot of my friends (I have converted them all to Pcars now :p) I played the shitt out of forza until my xbox showed signs of distress lol.. In fact, a few days before i bought my GTR i tried it in Forza but after playing Pcars on my PC with Xbox controller it seems incredibly unrealistic and arcadey ! I felt like smashing my xbox (I know, i never thought i would actually say that too after spending so much time playing it, but Pcars is just NEXT LEVEL)

Now what i like most is the fact that it is the first racing sim I have ever played that you can actually feel the load on the tires and suspension. Its an amazing experience in a game i must say. I have two videos i want you guys to see just to prove the level or realism in the game. Oh yea and the graphics are unbelievable !! :D

This first video is just to show off the new rain effects recently added a few months ago (still work in progress) and most importantly the new tire models that has completely changed the dynamics of the game. It is the first game to actually use proper physics for the car according to weight/road surface/powertrain etc etc..

(Make sure to watch both videos in 1080p ;))

Note how the car realistically responds to the most minor undulations on the road (uneven surfaces) Also note how when the the player breaks hardd before a corner and turns, it bobs/shakes slightly which demonstrates the weight/pressure that is being applied on the tires and suspension.. No need to watch the whoole video but just a demonstration to get my point across..

BMW M3 GT Project Cars Awesome Rain Effect !!! MAX Settings Gameplay - YouTube

Second video here is all about the detail !! :D Just look at the level of detail that has gone into this.. F******* ridiculous !! :D Currently you need a very high end PC to run this but i believe it will come out on PS4 and Xbox One.. Also no need to watch the whoole video, just the first few mins he shows the interior and exterior details/graphics

Project CARS (Build 517) Pagani Zonda R gameplay at Historic Belgian Forest - YouTube

Ahh i wish i could give you guys my username and password for the game client so you could try it out but they have migrated onto steam just recently so I cant give my personal details out for that :(

But i will keep you posted if they re-open the funding program again for more participants :) Enjoy the videos anyway..

·
Registered
644 Posts
How can you say it's realistic when you use a pad???!!!
I may use a pad, but a good friend of mine has a full fanatec set up in his house (£250+ gear) which is currently the most advanced set up available.. we tried it on both forza on the xbox and on the PC with Pcars.. hugge difference and most notably there is like 0 input lag and much more customizable on PC :)

After a few rounds of Pcars it is almost impossible to even play forza! :s Just feels so sluggish, unresponsive and lacks realism in almost everyway..

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
how about need for speed rivals, not really a sim but looks great and seems fun. Designed on the battle field 4 engine. GT6 is for ps3 only at the moe not ps4. I know they did it becuase they will get more sales this way but next gen graphics would be great and next gen loading time lol.

I would happily pay 10x more for a sim if it had all the UK tracks plus all the F1 tracks. Laser scanned tracks like iracing would be ideal. Would be a great way to learn the tracks, obviously not perfectly but good enough to know what corners are coming etc.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Iracing a getting there with tracks, more world tracks than uk.

It's got brands, oulton and silverstone just now. I love it!!

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Don't think i've played one since GT3 on the ps2. Loved it at the time.

been more into my shoot'em ups recently although the other week i bought Forza: Horizon which whilst not a racing sim is damn good fun.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Another iRacing fan here. Great cars and tracks, with what feels like the best physics out there for driving games. Not the cheapest game to play but great fun.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts