GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've put gtr injectors in my rb20det r32 as have put bigger turbo on, first time doing it all, but i still have the stock rb20det injector plugs, I've noticed theyre much the same aside from a few grooves, my question is how to go about chopping them - I've heard to just cut them back but I can't find any pictures or info on the net so thought I'd come asking. Is it best to just file them back? Or best to cut the entire outter plug out and just leave the connector inside? Just a tad confused, any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Either just trim the trim locator off the injectors (they are the same physical size) or replace the plugs, the GTR injectors run an off the shelf Bosch EV1 plug.
.....remember you will also have to run the ballast resistors as well.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The GTR injectors must have an inline ballast as they have a different impedance..As has been said use either the ballast pack from a GTR or you can add inline resistors to the loom..I did this mod to my gts-t a few years back and added resistors to the loom at the ecu end as it was cheaper than getting a ballast pack.
Resistors required are RS components pt no. 199-5583 (10R 9W) or equivalent..you will need 6 of them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah yeh, I've already wired the resistor pack in the only issue left was trying to make the stock injector plugs fit the GTR injectors, was unsure of how to go about this but cheers for the help, will have a trimming the inside of plugs back to fit, anyone got pictures of this? would help, cheers anyhow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah ****, re reading your reply made it click in my head haha, bit of a slow one there, can see by looking at both injectors that yeah infact it is just the locator that is different in size. alright cheers lads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts