GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Just watched the video. I don't buy it. Smells like a stitch up to me, with the "corvette has these amazingly sticky tyres". His eyes are admitting, pleadingly, "I'm full of shit" LOL

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Close to call in any event round Willow I'd suspect and the yanks get real nationalistic around a US car (sorry Nagtroc, but it's true). Z06 makes a great sound though.
As we all know the rubber can make a huge difference either way, so as long as both are the "stock set" then it's a valid comparison, however needs to be put in perspective if the tyres are track based to start with, I'm sure others on here would attest to track rubber improvements on a GTR, like for like.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Not that surprising really, it's a massive 310kg lighter.

As for the tyres, the Cups are obviously sticky track tyres, but it's not as if the Dunlops aren't sticky or specially designed for the GTR.

Of course on English roads a rwd 7litre monster on Cups wouldn't see where the GTR had gone, especially if it was damp, wet or cold.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Lol u lot crack me up. Just because a car could possibly be quicker than a GTR then it can't possibly be true!

There is no description of the track, no pictures, for all u know it could be perfect for a z06 and the worst sort for a GTR. I reckon a 100cc super dart kart could beat a GTR round my local track ;) or am I lying too :)

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
300kgs is a lot

Whats the price of one of these ZO6s?

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Lol u lot crack me up. Just because a car could possibly be quicker than a GTR then it can't possibly be true!
PMSL....seems to be the mentality of some on the 'dark side'. Wont be long until someone else plays the 'cost' card or pull the 'ring time out of thin air.

Still, nice to see folks are so passionate about their car. Or are they actually R35 fundamentalists:D.....i suppose they could be....folks with such a strong belief in something that no other opinion registers with them..

Sounds about right :chuckle:

TT

·
Registered
63 Posts
I suspect the tyres were the real difference there, but the Z06 is very impressive and such a good sound, Is there a vid out there anywhere with a genuinely good sounding R35? I've yet to hear one!

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ur mummy,s sewing machine prolly sounds better,

v6 engines don,t sound brilliant no matter what exhaust or Y-pipe is assembled

u like sound, go v-8 or inline6

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
I miss my Z06. I had to add a few mods before it was really track capable, e.g. Brembo BBK, Penske 3-way adjustable coilovers, 18" race wheels w/R888s, but then it pretty much blew everything else away.

If I could have afforded to, I'd have kept it as my track toy and being 1400kg (a bit lighter than a 997 GT3), it was much cheaper to use on track.

From what I remember, fuel consumption was actually a bit better on average than the GT-R (a LOT better when cruising).

Cost-wise the two Inside Line tested were within $1k of each other as the Corvette had lots of expensive options (inc CCM brakes, Sport Cups etc) and the "2013" GT-R costs a lot over there.

The one area the GT-R is a massive improvement over the Z06 is in steering feel. Although direct and precise, the Vette's rack lacks that bit of feedback the GT-R does so well.

·
Registered
116 Posts
ur mummy,s sewing machine prolly sounds better,

v6 engines don,t sound brilliant no matter what exhaust or Y-pipe is assembled

u like sound, go v-8 or inline6
My NSX sounded amazing. Do a youtube search for NSX TAITEC and hit the top link for an example of what they can sound like with a mad exhaust.

A lot of modern V8s are effectively two 4 cylinder engines in parallel - although that doesn't stop modern Ferraris sounding nice, it has to be said.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts