GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the beginning I would like to apologise if this topic or similar. I would ask to all of you GTR owners. Can you tell me if having turbo in Nissan GTR machine legal or illegal in UK?

Regards
PAB

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
This depends on the turbo ofc. Is it an electric turbo or superwaffle-charger type?

·
Registered
150 Posts
At the beginning I would like to apologise if this topic or similar. I would ask to all of you GTR owners. Can you tell me if having turbo in Nissan GTR machine legal or illegal in UK?

Regards
PAB
No need to apologise......its a perfectly sensible question that comes up all to frequently!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found on ebay and other websites cars mainly GTR r32 or r34 with turbo. That's why I would like to know if putting turbo into my car is legal or not. I found out that some GTR's are illegal in UK is that true?

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
I found on ebay and other websites cars mainly GTR r32 or r34 with turbo. That's why I would like to know if putting turbo into my car is legal or not. I found out that some GTR's are illegal in UK is that true?
There is absolutely no truth in it at all, in the UK we have R32 GTR & GTS, R33 GTS & GTR, R34 GTT and GTR and R35.

All of which have at least one turbo and are legal.

If you have any of the above without a turbo and are considering adding one dont bother. Just sell the car and buy one with a turbo it will be far easier and cheaper

·
Registered
471 Posts
If they have no turbos then surely the cars you mean are Skylines, the Gtr version Skylines will have turbos or a turbo at least.
I can't see how it would be illegal to add a turbo to a Skyline unless it is a stolen one or you fail to inform your insurance etc.
J

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My point is that all the sports cars like BMW or Mercedes are not allowed to have turbo as its against the law. My dream car is Nissan Skyline GTR just like my role model Paul Walker aka Brian O'Conner. I found several with turbo and I wanted to be sure that I will be allow to drive in the city.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My point is that all the sports cars like BMW or Mercedes are not allowed to have turbo as its against the law. My dream car is Nissan Skyline GTR just like my role model Paul Walker aka Brian O'Conner. I found several with turbo and I wanted to be sure that I will be allow to drive in the city.
This fella is either related to Joey Essex or is pulling your puddings, stop entertaining him.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Yes all turbochargers are illegal in the UK. Manufacturers get around this by writing 'supercharger' on them. Do this and you will be fine.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Why not just turbo charge the horse I know this is completely legal in South London but I'm not sure about the rest of the UK

1 - 20 of 64 Posts