GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking organizing a Meeting that gives the Skyline owners around europe the possibility to geather on a weekend in Luxembourg in the middle of europe . . . .:) As some owners are living in Italy, France, Germany . . . . they can't often do a trip up the UK for a meet. Many highways in europe are connected to Luxembourg so that there is no problem to get here from any direction . . .

I tought we could organize an event in Luxembourg capital. There are many nice squares availble inside the old city. A way to show up in the heart of the city and to turn the heads on us.:) Next day doing a tour around the Mosel river region (nice travel roads) or maybe a trip to the Nordschleife (1hours from Lux) . . . .

Check out the links to Luxembourg City and region:
http://www.ont.lu/site_citydetails-en-130.html

Let me know if you guys would like to spend a weekend down here?

Regards

Chris:)

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I'll try to get over if I have enough notice of the date - I was hoping to have a trip out to the Nordschleife too so that would be cool.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
If we can get a good date,where many people have time,i will be there for sure:clap:

·
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If we consider the Nordschleife it would be nice to look out for nice weather days, wich are getting more rare after september. The event is not realy difficult to organize as Luxembourg has highway travel hotels. From there it is just a jump to the city of Luxembourg and a 1 houre trip to the Nordschleife Hotels.

Of course we could also meet streight in Germany, but some may not only be interested on some Norschleife turns, but also on a nice trip trough the region form Lux to Germany.

What do you think is the limit for event this year, as some people may set thier Skyline in the garage for the winter (some already in october). Or shall we look forward to spring 2007?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
For me it´s no problem after the 6.october,because then im back from Maldives/Holiday,befor that i have no time,sorry.

·
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If this year!, it's gonna be before october or between 10oct.-10november.

(on 4th a have bloody meeting with my dentist:bawling: ) gonna take a week or two to recover . . . . .

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
is there anybody actually from france?

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
2NI said:
Eikichi, moi je suis Français mais j'habite au Luxembourg.
Cool, moi Français mais à Londres, merci :)

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Hi Chris,

Definately count me in (as promised) :)
I think we need to work on a date for next year and we'll get a GTROC contingent to come over. Plus it would be good to meet up with you plus Yves and the rest of the Classic Club.

May 8th 2007 is a public holiday here in the UK so how about that weekend?

Eikichi said:
is there anybody actually from france?
There's Luc-Michel of course. With or without the car it would be good to get him to come along :)

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Fuggles said:
There's Luc-Michel of course. With or without the car it would be good to get him to come along :)
Sorry, I'm all new here & will have my car this wknd :shy:
I apologize in advance for the stoopid questions... lol
:bowdown1:

·
Registered
160 Posts

If we can still speak of its car as a GT-R... :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong: it's fabulous but nothing more than a GT-R look-a-like anymore. But I do know LM for many years now, he's a cool guy & comes every year to the Lux Racing Show in December with his yellow beast to promote KOE (King Of €urope, the "other" drag event challenging TOTB).

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Fuggles said:
Hi Chris,

May 8th 2007 is a public holiday here in the UK so how about that weekend?
Sounds good,the weather should be good enough at that time of the year,so we don´t have to worry about snow and ice:clap:

·
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will check that date, would be a nice finishing for me here in Luxembourg, end of May I am going to move to Japan with my wife . . . .:clap: :clap:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.