GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know what mods are required to be made to the car for driving my UK GTR through Europe. I was considering a drive to Switzerland via france, Germany etc. Do the Headlights need adjusting etc? Are there any software modes i can switch the car to for this?

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
No gtr specific requirements, the same for all cars.
Just beam deflectors,spare bulbs,breathalisers (2), etc.
Swiss car tax at the boarder crossing

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
You need a 750R + mod Package so you can get there quicker ;)

Just the essentials as above plus a GB sticker and a wedge of cash for tolls...

·
Registered
747 Posts
Guys - similar subject..

Are there any issues with having a decatted car? I'd imagine there can't be too many issues with a stock GTR but what about a stage 4 + down pipes?

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I think you need a high vis vest/jacket as well.

Buzzy - technically you're not supposed to be driving around the UK with a decatted system so i wouldn't worry about Europe!

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
This.

If you have a radar detector, hide it. If you have a map with a GPS Speed Camera detector, you must remove the French cameras.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I think you need a high vis vest/jacket as well.

Buzzy - technically you're not supposed to be driving around the UK with a decatted system so i wouldn't worry about Europe!
Haha very true, just thought there might be restrictions on high emission cars!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Having done the Circuit Days drive to Monaco before the GTR, I was warned about Europe and the use of the GPS Radar/Laser scanners, however I used it no problem maybe because I wasn't going too stupid with so many cars around. Usually we encountered on the spot fines, however in Switzerland Ferrari driver was taken to Police Stn and then summoned to returned to court for I believe 2,000 Euros fine. Apart from that yes, Hi Vis, Triangle Breakdown and will check if extinguisher inside car was required. I had the C63 AMG sport exhaust, noise and emission was not a problem, it seems you are more likely to encounter issues if you reside with vehicle. Just make sure you have ALL necessary documents for you and your vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts