GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am going to be changing the water pump on my GTR next week and will hopefully be going to fit an N1 pump instead of standard.

Does anyone know if the N1 pump has a rubber gasket or whether you have to use instant gasket...

Any help gratefully recieved...

Thanks

·
Registered
448 Posts
Think there was a few threads on the forum earlier (even last year, maybe)about the fitting of N1 water pumps (try a search) I recall that the guys where having problems sealing them to the block. The N1 block differs from the std. RB26, and there is an issue with a gallery in the pump passing too close a bolt hole, or something like that. :confused: Check other posts about this just to clarify, as it will be a right sh1tter for you to go to all that trouble for nowt......:(

Oh, and by the way, I'm sure it is a gasket that seals the water pump :D

Hope this is of some help.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, cheers for that. I've found a thread on another forum which clarifies this now.

The N1 pump will work fine on an R33 block and an N1 block obviously. For R32's though there is a difference in one of the mounting holes which results in it not sealing properly and leaking.

My answer is just to go for a standard pump :D

Cheers for the help...

·
Registered
715 Posts
The forum was skyline owners, and the info is correct. Check the price of a genuine R32 GTR water pump against a N1 pump, and be surprised. What I have done in the past is fill the slot with liquid sealer and fit a bigger washer with the bolt to seal it. Worked for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts