GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
jesus that took 10 mins of my life away i will never get back, most people on that forum seem like their in school replying from their smartphones and probably drive at best a fiesta that looks like its been dragged through halfrauds backwards...thats the last thread i would get involved with :) egos, feelings of low self worth and my dick is bigger than your dick...no thanks

·
Registered
519 Posts
Ahhh. The attitude of the 911 owner on there just reminds me why I would never want to own a Porsche. Aside from the fact I don't like the cars the thought of being lumped in with the willy waving, look at my badge brigade would just be too much. Drives a 911 - acts like its a Veyron. Pretty much like they all do. Twat.

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
It isn't a super car. It's a GT with supercar performance.

Agree that a 911 is also not a supercar - far too common.

Super cars are dead anyway, it's hyper cars now.

I think to qualify you have to be in the 99th percentile in at least a few relevant categories.

Price
Rarity
Performance

Fall out of anyone one and you don't qualify. GTR loses because it's too cheap. Notice badge is not a category. Ford GT is a supercar (assuming it is expensive enough). As is Lexus LFA.

·
Registered
92 Posts
jesus that took 10 mins of my life away i will never get back, most people on that forum seem like their in school replying from their smartphones and probably drive at best a fiesta that looks like its been dragged through halfrauds backwards...thats the last thread i would get involved with :) egos, feelings of low self worth and my dick is bigger than your dick...no thanks
Totally agree! Seems like the handbags are out on the PH forums lol. Who cares at the end of the day. We all bought a GTR for what ever reason and that's all that matters. Enjoy what it is, don't get caught up with this supercar nonsense is what I say :D

·
Registered
723 Posts
Totally agree! Seems like the handbags are out on the PH forums lol. Who cares at the end of the day. We all bought a GTR for what ever reason and that's all that matters. Enjoy what it is, don't get caught up with this supercar nonsense is what I say :D
:yeahthat:

Who cares what other people label it as?

P.s. under no illusion that my R32 is a supercar or anywhere close :D

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
+1 :chairshot

·
Registered
381 Posts
Seems like I inadvertenly made a big mistake by referring to a GTR in the context of being a "supercar".

what is it like to drive a super car - PistonHeads

I'm surprised no one from here has seen this and jumped in with their two pennyworth.

Page 5 is where it starts to get interesting.:popcorn:
Got to page 9, got bored...

Seriously, the thread went from what's it like to drive a 'supercar' to what defines a 'supercar', and then a slagging match between owners (or pretend owners) of high performance cars.

·
Registered
292 Posts
911s are a lot more common than GT-Rs in my experience. Agree that neither are proper "supercars" though, as they're not exotic enough. It doesn't make any difference to my enjoyment of the car and I couldn't afford a decent Ferrari or Lambo in any case!

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
What defines a supercar?

When I was in France, the GTR got a better reaction for people on the street than a Ferrari California (also saw more Ferraris on that trip).

·
Registered
212 Posts
nope not a supercar........

........ its just a 4 wheel drive, nether twitching, tarmac munching ..... tuk tuk.

Super car..... pfffff

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Lol,. Pistonheads amuses me. Virtually every thread descends into bickering. There's a lot of keyboard warriers around. Those porsche owners do sound like complete douches though.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Before owning a GTR I considered it a supercar and while owning one I still consider it a supercar. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
As I said. Opinion. I still don't feel it is in the league of Aventador, Veyron, Agera, Huayra... etc but they are beyond supercars

1 - 20 of 125 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.