Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 634 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
About time we started a specific thread for this one!!:thumbsup:

28th April 2013

Look here for previous thread leading up to this point... http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/170623-day-runway-yesterday.html

GTR runners

1. JohnnyG - 600
2. Kabz r35 Gtr - 610
3. Charles Charlie - 615
4. Austin - 484
5. H.7 - 550
6. garanot -
7. Impossible - 640
8. Sumo69 -
9. Protegimus -
10. alloy -
11. Peatough -
12. SamboGrove - 590
13. Ryan82 - 710
14. bones - 485
15. JamieP -
16. Rob Wild - 600
17. AnthGTR - 710
18. nurburgringgtr - 610
19. Tigerruss - 620
20. vxrcymru - 750
21. Ryan.g -
22. R35 Boxer - 850
23. dominic1 - stock. with a y pipe
24. woundedgoat -
25. C2 VXT -
26. Black Phantom -
27. mitre3 -
28. saucyboy -
29. andrew186 -
30. ifty -
31. David.Yu - 717.372149
32. willgts -
33. Jm-Imports - 1100
34. markleach - 930
35. FLYNN -
36. GTR RGT - 600
37. S14 - 600
38. Doza - 750
39. Webber -
40. Rick & Holly -

Cars running with SCD

jay_NW - Supra
R4LLY - 911
JapFreak786 - M5
Japspeed - to be confirmed

The Supercar list is as follows, more to come:

Bugatti Veyron
Porsche 9ff
Lamborghini LP670SV
Ferrari 458
Audi R8 V10 TT
McLaren 12C
Ducati Panigale
Porsche 997.2 Turbo S
Ferrari 599 GTO
Mclaren SLR
Jaguar XJ220
Aston Martin DBS
Lamborghini Gallardo Hamann
Audi R8 V10

SATURDAY NIGHT AT ABERSOCH (and a blast over to Llanbedr Airfield on Sunday morning!

As many know we have booked the entire restaurant at the Egryn for the Saturday night. (stones throw from centre of Abersoch)

Egryn Taste is open from Easter to October offering freshly made soups, pates, salads, pizzas, gourmet steak and chicken burgers, fish and steakstones.
Steakstones or ***8216;Egryn Rocks***8217; as they are know at Taste are simply the best way to enjoy a ***8216;steak***8217;, whether it be a Beef Fillet or succulent Tuna. Our steakstones are heated to 350c and then brought to your table sizzling with your chosen steak and a selection of sauces to dip and accompaniments to complement. The dry, searing cooking process means that all the natural flavour remains trapped inside your food, with every tasty bite piping hot.

EGRYN ROCKS
Egryn Rocks are simply the best way to enjoy a ***8216;steak***8217;.
Our steakstones are heated to 320 degrees centigrade
and then brought to your table sizzling with your chosen
steak together with a selection of dipping sauces and
accompaniments to suit. The dry, searing cooking
process means that all the natural flavour remains
trapped inside your food, with every tasty bite piping hot.

WELSH BEEF FILLET £21.95
WELSH BEEF SIRLOIN £17.95
WELSH BEEF RIBEYE £17.95
WELSH BEEF RUMP £14.95
Accompanied by homemade chunky chips and green
salad, served with: crushed peppercorn and brandy sauce;
caramelised balsamic onions; herbed aioli

WELSH LAMB CUTLETS French trimmed £16.50/£17.95 (3/4 cutlets)

WELSH RUMP STEAKS £15.95
Accompanied by dauphinoise potatoes and green salad,
served with: traditional mint sauce; redcurrant and
juniper jelly; herbed aioli

TUNA STEAK marinated in olive oil, rosemary and anchovies £15.50

JUMBO TIGER PRAWNS marinated in garlic, ginger, chili £16.50

FRESH LOCAL LOBSTER whole tail and claws £29.95
Note: 48 hours notice required for Lobster
served with: herbed aioli; wasabi and lime dressing,
Lemon and lime wedges

GRESSINGHAM DUCK BREAST crispy skin and slightly pink £16.50

VENISON LOIN STEAK £22.00
served with: chicken liver pate; redcurrant and juniper
Jelly; caramelised balsamic onions

THE EGRYN TASTER £19.50
4 oz Welsh ribeye steak, two lamb cutlets and a
jumbo Tiger prawn accompanied by homemade chunky
chips and green salad, served with: crushed peppercorn
and brandy sauce; redcurrant and juniper jelly;
herbed aioli
The Egryn

Adam - The Boss+1
nigelGTR
SarahDBS
ColinBentley
RyanGallardo+1
Stuart film crew +1
Bones +1
Doza +1
***** Grove+1

please add your name and we will update

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
ACCOMMODATION

Below is a list of Accommodation local to the Airfield. Also consider booking at nearby Abersoch as we are doing a Sunday morning blast over to the airfield to get warmed up!!

In all cases please Quote Llanbedr Airfield And you will get a special rate for your booking,

talwrn bach farmhouse, (self catering)

Good bunch of you can book this one together, sleeps over 20 people !!! and is next door to the Airfield.
If parking is an issue we can store a few cars on the airfield overnight.. :)
For further details, or if you wish to book,
please phone Richard - 0118 9401202, or email [email protected]

Talwrn Bach self catering accommodation - holiday farmhouse and cottages in Llanbedr, Snowdonia, Gwynedd, North Wales, near Shell Island, Harlech and Barmouth

Steve/Jane or Katie
Ty Mawr hotel
Llanbedr
Gwynedd
North Wales
LL452NH

T: 01341 241 440

Ty Mawr Hotel in Llanbedr, North Wales

June/Gemma

The Victoria Inn
Llanbedr
Gwynedd
LL45 2LD

Tel: 01341 241213

The Victoria Inn

Darren & Jayne jackson
Bryn Artro
Llanbedr
Gwynedd
LL45 2LE.

Tel: 01341 241619
Mobile: 07951 001516

E-mail: [email protected]

Home Page

Clare Howie-Sainsbury,
Gwynfryn Farm Cottages,
Llanbedr, Gwynedd,
N. Wales, LL45 2NY

For further information, please contact Clare Howie-Sainsbury on the numbers below or by email on [email protected], '.

Daytime Tel: 01341 241 381
Evening Tel: 01341 241 642

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
PAYMENT

Thanks very much for your patience whilst we pull this event together, it's shaping up to be a fantastic day!! Lots more developments to follow in the coming weeks, working on sponsors and a few other bits!

We are now ready to start accepting your deposits, the cost is £150 per car for the day and we are working on a maximum of 60 cars (40 GTR, 20 SCD). This should give you as many as 10 goes each at the standing mile. No spectators are allowed but you can bring one passenger. We will be filming the head to heads throughout the day as a little memory for you, and are hoping to do a big photoshoot of 40 GTRs together!

We need your payments in full by 1st March.* Please make a bank transfer with your forum name as the reference number to Supercardriver Ltd, a/c 63435918, sort 01-10-01, OR post a cheque to Supercardriver Ltd, Khepera Business Centre, Orgreave Road, Sheffied, S13 9LQ.

You will all be required to sign a disclaimer and you won't be allowed to take part until you have done so.* Similar to Vmax events, you will be running without insurance. We will ensure the day is run professionally, all the right signage is in place, briefing beforehand etc and we will have a John Greatorex present from GT Cars who will be on hand if there are any technical problems. It's important that you all carry out checks before the event; tyre pressures etc. This information will follow with the disclaimer once we have your payment

Nigel will be helping me run the day and will put together a Top Gear style leaderboard - so we can keep a record of your speeds! The day starts at 9am and draw to a close at 3pm, and will be followed by a top 10 shootout, the fastest supercars v the fastest GTRs and we will film these Top Gear style.. Everyone is welcome to watch this, should be quite a sight! :clap:

Hopefully no-one will mind the leggy blond we have invited to start the races, we need a way to distract you as best we can if we're going to stand half a chance ....:squintdan

·
Registered
924 Posts
Will you guys make copy's of the head to head filming on CDs for everyone to take home or is it just going to be loaded on YouTube?

·
Registered
264 Posts
SATURDAY NIGHT AT The Egryn
Adam - The Boss+1
nigelGTR
SarahDBS
ColinBentley
RyanGallardo+1
Stuart film crew +1
Bones +1
Doza +1
***** Grove+1

please add your name and we will update

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
264 Posts
Nige,

I don't see your name anywhere on the runners list above. Are you still running?

Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
I apologise if this comes across harsh but I've just finished night duty after six long days, plus I want some sleep :D

01.) If your posting an event it needs to be in the event section of the forum (mods please) and not in current section.

02.) If you posting an event then you need to read this thread too - http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/148408-before-posting-events-read.html

03. Your calling this event the GTROC vs SCD - have you actually approached the club in this matter to use the name? This forum is on the GTR Register, the GTROC is the actual club (with its own website) but the site and the forum has a long standing symbiotic relationship. The problem thus lies if something tragic for example to was to happen at the event - not saying it will but as an EXAMPLE - the GTROC cannot and will not be held at fault ...

With the number of cars down thus far it looks like an awesome event which I'm sure the club would to be involved with, but you need to ask first dude on certain things

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Agree with Speedie as above and as per PM Nigel.

It does look a fantastic event and can I put my name on reserve list on top of the 40 already in please - not sure how I missed the original discussions?

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
I apologise if this comes across harsh but I've just finished night duty after six long days, plus I want some sleep :D

01.) If your posting an event it needs to be in the event section of the forum (mods please) and not in current section.

02.) If you posting an event then you need to read this thread too - http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/148408-before-posting-events-read.html

03. Your calling this event the GTROC vs SCD - have you actually approached the club in this matter to use the name? This forum is on the GTR Register, the GTROC is the actual club (with its own website) but the site and the forum has a long standing symbiotic relationship. The problem thus lies if something tragic for example to was to happen at the event - not saying it will but as an EXAMPLE - the GTROC cannot and will not be held at fault ...

With the number of cars down thus far it looks like an awesome event which I'm sure the club would to be involved with, but you need to ask first dude on certain things

:thumbsup:
Speedy, moved and amended for you. Sleep tight:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
It does look a fantastic event and can I put my name on reserve list on top of the 40 already in please - not sure how I missed the original discussions?
I'm on here quite a bit and I've never seen this mentioned before now either...

Where was it posted before being moved to the correct section?

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
I'm on here quite a bit and I've never seen this mentioned before now either...

Where was it posted before being moved to the correct section?
It was posted in General GTR chat early this morning.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
It must have been somewhere else first, you are not going to get 40 people sign up in one morning. IMO.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Maybe on another forum or done by PM but I moved it out of General and I wondered where it had sprung up from.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I missed this thread as well else would of been up for it. Never mind sounds like it'll be an awesome day. Look forward to seeing pictures and videos!

CT17 - Page 6 to Page 17 was where the list on the 27 page thread was built over a period of a month.

I read that thread at the beginning and never returned to it so missed the list myself. In future maybe it could be put into events or something rather than general GT-R chat. I'd have been interested and I'd have imagined the list would of grown much quicker as appears quiet a few had no idea about this.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
It's been around for ages. It was a sort of continuation of Webber's day on a runway thread.
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/170623-day-runway-yesterday.html
Well it looks like it's going to be a fantastic day. :)
Certainly a lot of impressive cars going along.

The logic of not posting it in the meeting section, instead keeping it in the general area under cover of an event from last year until all the spaces are filled completely mystifies me though.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Does that mean even moderators and admin didn't know about it :chuckle: my guessing is only about 40 people did and they're all the list :p not that I'm jealous at all :shy:

1 - 20 of 634 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.