GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know from a dig the GTR is one of the fastest cars out there, but what's it like on a motorway roll say from 50-130? Alot of people from different forum communities seem to think the gearing and AWD go against the GTR when going north of 100.

Any truth to this?

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Mine is stage 4.25 (650/650) and whilst I don't really pound it, my car has no prob in that range. Plus the gears can change so quickly that gearing isnt really relevant. I find mine, in any gear, over 3k rpm piles speed on quicker than you need (assuming you are right in the head).

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
here you go 60 - 130 mph in 5.49 seconds

that is my car, standard gearing, standard heads/cams just with svm pistons and rods, 102mm exhaust, flowed stock manifolds and billet gt30 wheel/shaft in oem turbo housings, 1.6 bar of boost shifting at 6800 rpm so around 790 hp peak power, quicker than an 06 Veyron by 0.1 seconds so they motor well enough at speed

also I have timed 100 - 200 kmh from the same plot above at 4.74 seconds, if id put the transmission in race mode it would of shifted at 7400 rpm and made a peak of 850hp so would of been a little quicker aswell

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
if id put the transmission in race mode it would of shifted at 7400 rpm and made a peak of 850hp so would of been a little quicker aswell

Would it?? Its not as simple as that usually as you have to consider the peak torque curve too and whereabouts that longer shift change would drop you onto that curve......

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
We all know from a dig the GTR is one of the fastest cars out there, but what's it like on a motorway roll say from 50-130? Alot of people from different forum communities seem to think the gearing and AWD go against the GTR when going north of 100.

Any truth to this?
Did you actually want an answer to this on stock performance, because so far I only see replies of cars that have had a fair bit of tweaking so hardly comparible.
ie, 850hp.

Great for owners to share their performance, but not sure it answers the original question.

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Did you actually want an answer to this on stock performance, because so far I only see replies of cars that have had a fair bit of tweaking so hardly comparible.
ie, 850hp.

Great for owners to share their performance, but not sure it answers the original question.
Apart from you rich MY14 types - are there any stock ones left?!?! :bowdown1:

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Apart from you rich MY14 types - are there any stock ones left?!?! :bowdown1:
Alledgedly... when they are put up for sale. ;)

My point was the graph above and the comment "quicker than a Veyron".
OK, yes I'm sure the new owner is happy with Ryan's car but it's not really representative of a GT-R. :)

I did a 60-120mph pull in my GT-R and was surprised to find a Ford Focus RS that pretty much kept up with me.
I suspect it wasn't standard though, and there may have been a little slipstreaming. :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Alledgedly... when they are put up for sale. ;)

My point was the graph above and the comment "quicker than a Veyron".
OK, yes I'm sure the new owner is happy with Ryan's car but it's not really representative of a GT-R. :)

I did a 60-120mph pull in my GT-R and was surprised to find a Ford Focus RS that pretty much kept up with me.
I suspect it wasn't standard though, and there may have been a little slipstreaming. :chuckle:
Funny you should mention the Focus RS - I had the same problem when standard.

In a proper answer tot eh first post - yes they are "slow" after 100 in stock trim, however throw £3000 at Litchfield {or tuner of your choice} and the dotted line becomes blury......

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Would it?? Its not as simple as that usually as you have to consider the peak torque curve too and whereabouts that longer shift change would drop you onto that curve......
yes it would im sure, I don't know about your motor but mine keeps on making more and more power right upto 7400 rpm.
I will do a pull when I can but im sure it will be faster, heres my dyno plot just look at power shifting at 6800 rpm then 7400 rpm.
it also coinsides with my butt feeling that it stays on harder when in race mode and shifting 600 rpm later

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
ie, 850hp.

that is a very good point, I don't have a plot at 1 bar for abit more of a comparable run, indigos car was fairly stock though il check his times

ok so indigo on here with his 09 car with an exhaust and remap did 30 - 130 mph in 9.1 seconds that's a fair comparison isn't it as its just basic breathing mods and remap.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Took mine to be tuned I think 2 days after I bought car can't even remember what standard felt like in all honestly.

But my Stage 4.25 has no issues at all pulling to 160mph then becomes a slow(er) pull onwards.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I think a lot of the on paper straight line figures for he GTR are down to the clever diffs and launchability of the car off the line. Once rolling, I think you'd be surprised how many cars could probably keep up that have similar DCT gearboxes.

It's easy to forget that the GTR is a lardy ass lump, so power to weight will always take effect once rolling.

M.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
I think a lot of the on paper straight line figures for he GTR are down to the clever diffs and launchability of the car off the line. Once rolling, I think you'd be surprised how many cars could probably keep up that have similar DCT gearboxes.

It's easy to forget that the GTR is a lardy ass lump, so power to weight will always take effect once rolling.

M.

30 - 130 mph for a stock 09 gtr seems to be around 13.5 seconds I think from some raf marham results I just found.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Seeing how most tune their car I guess the answer is the car could do with more power. A stock one will feel great upuntil the point you have been in a stage 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 car at which point you feel the need for more.

I think my comments are useful in somuch as it's a stock motor and turbos but would be interested in what a standard car manages (I don't include indigos as that seemed to go especially well for the state of tune)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts