GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right, on my quest for 450bhp from my r33 gts, i am in a need of some pistons, and was told that standard GTR pistons were a good upgade as there forged, is this correct?
if so, which ones r33 gtr?
iv done a search but get very very confused as alot of talk about pistons confuzzles me...lol

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
cypher said:
right, on my quest for 450bhp from my r33 gts, i am in a need of some pistons, and was told that standard GTR pistons were a good upgade as there forged, is this correct?
really, i didnt know that?

·
Registered
242 Posts
stock GTR pistions are NOT forged, but if your limit is 450hp they will stand that if your car is tuned properly (i.e. stave off detionation!!!) I am currently making 480hp on my stock engine....

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
umm, why new, y cant i just get some from car that has been upgraded?
just theres no point me going forged if tis gonna cost 3x the price!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
well have a look at the quality of the pistons on the GTR....i would use second hand ones unless they had x-ray pics with them TBH

have a browse through the rebuild thread on skylineowners.com in the projects section for a more detailed explaination..

ps the new ones were actually cheaper!

·
Registered
60 Posts
You can use RB26DET rods with RB25 pistons and crank, but if you want to use RB26 pistons, you also need to change RB25 crank to RB26 crank. Do a quick search about this, its a common thing that been discussed a few times now on different skyline forums.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts