GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while coming, but I have to say it:

Why the heck is there such a price difference between R33 GTR and R34 GTR selling prices?

Is it because R33 owners feel "guilty" or are they desperate and sell low?
Is it beacuse R34 owners hold the prices high?
Should R33 owners start selling at higher prices?
Will this post affect GTR prices forever?

Discuss :)

Fuel for the fire:
Mitsubishi Evolutions of the same age selling for more than GTRs??
Why is there a 10K to 20K and sometimes even larger price difference between R33 GTR prices and R34 GTR prices?
Why is there only a 2K to 3K price difference between R32 GTRs and R33 GTRs?

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
i think that the prices should be as they are now. around 17K for a stock(ish) R33 GTR is a nice price. some people sold it for 10K even, the price of a good R32.

the prices for the R34s differ a lot.

some are going between 35K and 40K, but look at tims nur, 65K, thats 30 more than another R34.

it all depends on the car really its hard to say.

(a lot of time and money went into some cars, so thats why the prices are much higher sometimes)

·
Registered
962 Posts
I think the difference has a lot to do with the R33 being the 'odd one out' when it comes to styling there is obviously very strong DNA running between the R32 and R34 . Could be shot down for this but watch for R34 prices dropping as soon as the new GTR becomes readily avaliable. R32, well it's the original/lightest, was built using a clean sheet of paper and the one that started it all, prices in Japan (for top examples) often exceed the price of early R33's:)

·
Registered
449 Posts
The drop in the price of R33s has mirrored similar price drops in Japan because the R33 can still be imported into the UK. It has not been possible to import the R34 so the prices have held up compared with the R33.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I read somewhere that once a car is over 20 years old you can import it into America without any Homologation been needed as a classic car.If this is true then a few Million more enthusiasts on the scene should help prices. I think the R33 prices will pick up when they are old enough to import into Sweden,Norway etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts