GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Well I finally found the time to introduce myself and my car. I've been on this forum for almost a year now, some of you might have noticed me here, whenever I left a drewling comment on amazing pics in some threads:p

Before I get started telling you my story, I thought I'd introduce myself;
The name's Joey Zobrist, 27 years young from a small town called Interlaken in Switzerland. I've done an apprenticeship as a car mechanic, worked as one for about 3 years, until the army got a hold of me;) Now and for the past 7 years my new employer is the Swiss Army:D

And now for the more interesting part; MY LOVELY 1999 R34 GTR:bowdown1:

It wasn't easy finding a suitable one! I wanted to buy a Bayside Blue 2000 R34 GTR from a user here.... but with the Euro 3 Norm in Switzerland, it would merely be impossible to register it:(

Thats why I had to look for a 1999 model, because they still run under the Euro 2 Norm.

Well enough said...For you who haven't heard of me yet, here is a quick brush up as to how my car looked like when I bought it, and some pics of the Mods which I have done so far.

It had 95'000 km on the clock and was pretty much standard when I went to pick it up beginning last Year.

Mods:
NISMO 320 km/h Speedometer
Öhlins Coilovers and suspensions
Fujitsubo titanium exhaust
APEXi Turbo Gauge

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After bringing the car home to Switzerland ( I had 1000km to practice driving on the right hand side ;) ) The first thing that had to be done was an oil change, an overall check-up and of course some Mods:smokin:

Changed the oil and oilfilter, all fluids and timing belt. also took a better look under the car just to see how much work should be done. To my surprise it was really in excellent condition...no rust or stonechips what so ever! I looked at some problem zones such as under the rear seats by the fenders, under the car, and in the engine bay at some mounting points... everything was okay

My first mods

Custom built down pipe from Abbey's
HKS SSQV BOV
HKS Turbo Timer
HKS Hardpipe kit with filters (pipes were being mounted that's why they weren't on the pic)

A few days later my second order arrived, and oh boy was I excited!!!!!:D
HKS Timing belt
NISMO front bumper clear side repeaters
NISMO fender clear side repeaters
SSR Rims 18X10
Bridgestone 265/35 ZR 18
APEXi Cone Filters (decided to change the hardpipes with some custom built ones)
Swapped the side skirts with a friend of mine and had them resprayed and also custom fitted to my Baby;)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately a few weeks later around Easter, I had an accident on the Nürburg Ring in Germany It just started to rain and some prick in front of me must have lost some oil in one af the last bends; it was a 90° Turn to the right, i was in 2nd gear around 40km/h on the clock....so merely impossible to slip. I thought it would be wise to drive comfortably since it was my first time on the Nürburg and also my first time with a beast on the track;)
Well... like always hapiness doesn't last long.. i started accelerating out uf the turn, then suddenly the rear swayed over, I couldn't catch it anymore cause I was kind of shocked at first.... then WHAM... hit the crash barrier! My first thaught was damn... how the hell am I gonna get home tomorrow.

Anyways... here are some pics. Notice the new sideskirts...:D

Had to try a little drift there;)

The pics of the damage were taken the next day; we had a skymeet from the german Skyline forum... and booked a few rooms at a hostel. I didn't feel like partying that night, went straight to bed instead. But that didn't stop the germans from any mischief;)

It didn't look so bad at first.... but oh boy was I in for a treat!:(

Like I said .... Germans!!!:D But they were fun though... and even helped out with "repairing" the rear for a safe drive home:thumbsup:

The Fujitsubo didn't last as long as I hoped it would... RIP

I kinda found it funny at first... then hugged my car and laughed... but when we drove off... I was pissed!

we couldn't leave the bumper like that... since we would do around 250km/h on the Autobahn... so we decided to take it off... but the only problem was, where the hell should we put it?!
Sooooooooooo...... only one option was available;)

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Sorry to hear of your accident.. Looks painful; thankfully though it wasn't too bad and you are okay by the looks of it..

Those sideskirts though are not nice..

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, after a few months of being pissed off and ordering new parts, I decided to continue with modding.... while I'm at it:p

Blitz Spec Nür stainless exhaust
NISMO rear Spats
NEWERA LED reverse and fog lamp
NISMO LED taillights
NISMO MFD II upgrade
MINES Stage II ECU
APEXi Twin Pillar gauge holder
APEXi Exhaust temp gauge
APEXi AVCR in Black edition
HKS decat Pipe
Custom built hardpipes sprayed in black
Custom built Intercooler with 2 in- and outlets
TEIN N1 Coilovers ( I was on a roll and decided to get rid of the Öhlins...they're for sale by the way;) )

Here the new exhaust... the rear hasn't been repaired yet.. was just a test fitting

And after bringing the car to rebuild the rear and for respraying... this is how my Babe looks like today:thumbsup:

Almost forgot... changed the GTR Badge on the front too, think this one is sexier!:bowdown1:

Here are some from intercooler which I baught off a friend with the custom made piping..

unfortunately.. haven't had the chance of making some pics of the interior yet.

I have more goodies on their way.... so I'll post some pics of theose with some of the interior!!! :p

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry to hear of your accident.. Looks painful; thankfully though it wasn't too bad and you are okay by the looks of it..

Those sideskirts though are not nice..
I know.. they look kind of bulky... been looking for something other than the NISMO sideskirts like everyone else has.
I'm thinking about changeing then though... I'm open to any ideas; so if you have any adresses or so... give me a bump;)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys:D

Always good for my ego to hear positive comments:chuckle:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi mate, nice car :thumbsup:

Do you guys really go to war with only one of those little red knives?

:chuckle:

Do not underestimate the power of swiss ARMY knives:smokin:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Nice car, shame about the 'off', but glad to see it's all ok now :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Well, got a small update;

I'm thinking of going with a Top Secret bonnet and a custom built Bumper from Cruise in Japan.... I guess the only problem at the moment is the language barrier as the owner of Cruise doesn't speak english and uses google as a translator:lamer:

This is what I am hunting for:

it has a little of a Top Secret Bumper and a Z-Tune one. I especially like how the "hole" for the Intercooler is extra large;)

Was also thinking about getting the same headlight like the one on the signalauto R34 from Japan, the one with the duct built into a working headlight:

Couldn't find one anywhere though... Made several EXPENSIVE phone calls to Japan; either the person on the other side "no speaking engliiiiiiish", or no one answered:bawling:

I'll keep you updated on that... if anyone is interested for a group buy, just give me a shout;)

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Good job Joey :thumbsup: I love what you have done under the bonnet with the white covers and black carbon centrepiece. Very sexy :D

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Mate:D

I thought it would be a change, cause everyone has the covers either still red, or some special shiny color... never saw one in the actual car color yet... unless the car is red*LOL* ;)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hey nice what you have done! I have a white R34 aswell, and the side skirts you have on there in my view makes it more appealing to what i have on now. I have Do luck side skirts with nismo rear pods like urself... just wondering what those sideskirts are? I know they are common and have seen em quite a few times, but just wondering who makes em? BN? Blitz? Thinking about changing my doluck ones to these...

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey nice what you have done! I have a white R34 aswell, and the side skirts you have on there in my view makes it more appealing to what i have on now. I have Do luck side skirts with nismo rear pods like urself... just wondering what those sideskirts are? I know they are common and have seen em quite a few times, but just wondering who makes em? BN? Blitz? Thinking about changing my doluck ones to these...
Hi there:)

Sorry Mate I have absolutely no clue what make they are,... I traded with a friend of mine cause it was too bulky for him.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts