GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What coilovers would you's recommend for an r34 gtr, I'm not looking anything overkill, mainly something between road/track.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Am not really on an budget but I dont want to buy an expensive set of coilovers that I dont need, how do you's rate the ohlins and the meisters on the road for handling and comfort.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I've had Teins (crap) Ohlins and MeisterR's on my GTR and I would say Ohlins are the top (but maybe a bit overkill for normal road/limited track use) and MeisterR arent to far behind on the Ohlins's either so I would recommend the MeisterR's as they're cheaper and will do the job just as good unless your going to build all all out racecar :)

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Another vote for MeisterR here, previously had Cusco which started leaking. Replaced with the Meisters, very happy with them! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help

I think an set of meister coilovers would probably suit me better specially for the road and not cost a fortune which I won't get the benefits off cause my car will never see an track.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Thanks for the help

I think an set of meister coilovers would probably suit me better specially for the road and not cost a fortune which I won't get the benefits off cause my car will never see an track.
I purchased Meister R GT1. They have been fitted to my car while it's at Zealou5. Won't be able to give any feed back as yet but they did look like a great bit of kit.

I did have TEIN super street with EDFC which was ok at the 550hp power level but at the 800hp they were a tad boaty for my liking so will be up for sale. That's another thing that I would bare in mind is how much power you are running will also determine the quality of shock you will need.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts