GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have a r35 (2010) and 3 days ago everything was working perfectly, However today i couldn't play any music.

Nothing happened when i press FM/AM, or Disc, the music box plays music as it shows how far i am in the song but i can't hear anything. When i connect my phone via Bluetooth and call it same no noise from the stereo. :confused:

So someone told me it might be a fusen, that's why i am asking you experts whether you've had to deal with anything like this before or if you guys know which fuse it might be..

I mean it could be anything else so yeah please just try and help me.

Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
3,322 Posts
It will be the Multi Functional Display unit packed up, very common problem but you're ok as there is a five year warranty on them. Take the car into a NHPC and they will sort it free of charge.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Its not the mfd - its just the audio unit. Youre right that its got a 5 year warranty as had mine done a few months back. A new MFD at he same time would have been nice too though :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called Nissan up and they took my GTr's number and told me the audio problem didn't affect my car and that's why my warranty isn't prolonged??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,

the audio on my packed up last week for the SECOND time. the hpc replaced my one about 2.5 years ago under warranty, i've got a 59 plate.

i called the hpc back and they werent too helpful. basically wanted to chargem e £300 to diagnose the fault and then leave it up to nissan head office to decide.

i called head office and after nearly a week of back and forth theyy've told me to get stuffed on the grounds that i dont use a hpc to look after the car. i go to litchfield motors - who by the way are a damn sight better than my hpc.

i've had a couple of arguements with the guy at my hpc hence the reason i dont use them.

i noticed misters3 has had his repleced twice and wanted to know how?

cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
ah, that would explain why they replaced it twice for you. as i am not a customer of nissan they dont wanna know. Basically 'they're not earning any money from me so why should they shell out' is the attitude!

looks like i'll be banging my head against a brick wall with nissan... out of principal i'm not going back to them except maybe with snotty solcitiors letter, there must be something in the law to cover incdients like this..

in the meantime dont suppose you know of any breakers selling the unit?! ;-)

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
ah, that would explain why they replaced it twice for you. as i am not a customer of theirs they dont wanna know. Basically 'they're not earning any money from me so why should they shell out' is the attitude!

looks like i'll be banging my head against a brick wall with nissan... out of principal i'm not going back to them except maybe with snotty solcitiors letter, there must be something in the law to cover incdients like this..

in the meantime dont suppose you know of any breakers selling the unit?! ;-)
I'd look at r 35 audios solution. DetailS coming soon.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts