GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been looking at buying a Nissan GT-R for some time now and one has popped up on eBay that I could be really interested in.

Last time I purchased a car through eBay, I was lied to and the car was just a bag of nails. I know about cars but I am by no means a mechanic or someone how is skilled within that area.

The car looks very clean, 09 plate, 30,000 miles, serviced every 6 months, stage 4.25 and various other upgrades.

I am just worried that I am going to get stung again.

Any advice?

I was thinking if I do buy it taking it to a reputable company like Litchfield so they could check the car over whilst I'm away on holiday or purchasing a warranty online for the car. That said I don't know how much would be covered under the warranty with it having modifications.

Link to car

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293145128517?ul_noapp=true

Any help would be great.

Thank you

Jacob

·
R35 Section manager
10,748 Posts
Give the guy a call and ask who has done the work to the car and then call the tuner for information on it.

Has it been serviced every 6 or 12 months as it dosent actually state that?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have just spoken to Kaizer Motorsports who have said if the seller is willing to we could meet there so they could a full inspection for me.

I think that would definitely give me some peace of mind.

So I have asked the seller what he thinks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have just spoken to Kaizer Motorsports who have said if the seller is willing to we could meet there so they could a full inspection for me.

I think that would definitely give me some peace of mind.

So I have asked the seller what he thinks.
Inspection is a great idea, mine was serviced and inspected at Litchfield before I bought it just for a little extra piece of mind.

·
R35 Section manager
10,748 Posts
The car has been serviced every 6 months.

Speaking to the owner he has had work done with https://www.customizebodyshop.co.uk and ACspeedtech : Power and chassis performance solutions

I have emailed them both but neither have got back to me.

The engine being forged gears 1 and 4, that is not something I have come across before when looking at the GT-R's is that a common upgrade or could that show there has been issues?
Good its been serviced every 6 months and Acspeedtech have looked after it. Not heard of some gears being forged before, Charles Charlie maybe able to advise in that if you pm him?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Ask the question ohh how many launches has it done?

Bobby

·
Premium Member
7,633 Posts
Charles Charlie maybe able to advise in that if you pm him?
You know you’ve made it when TREG is your pimp...:chuckle:

·
Registered
70 Posts
If possible do the inspection and have a walkthrough of the car.
When I bought mine we went through the car at the shop that had done all work on it for the past 4 years. Gave me an opportunity to get a feel for the shop as well which was great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts