GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't been on here for a while as I've been pumping my money into my Evo X for the last few years..

Anyways, I still have a thing for skylines and I'm off to view a MY09 GTR in white tomorrow, apparently it has only had cosmetic damage and is now sorted apart from a fan issue.

Its forsale for 26k.

Any advice would be appreciated

thanks

spike.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I think you should put a link up of the car. That way forum members may even know the car. :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you should put a link up of the car. That way forum members may even know the car. :)
no theres no point, car is in Germany and I don't wan the potential seller getting the hump, before I've even tipped up, but thanks for the offer :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
no theres no point, car is in Germany and I don't wan the potential seller getting the hump, before I've even tipped up, but thanks for the offer :thumbsup:
Well how do you expect advice then? Why even post.

Um.. I'd like advice on a R35 GTR. Should I buy it or not.

Thats how your post sounds. People need more info if you want help ffs.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well how do you expect advice then? Why even post.

Um.. I'd like advice on a R35 GTR. Should I buy it or not.

Thats how your post sounds. People need more info if you want help ffs.
because you obviously miss-understood what I meant, I would like advice on buying a CAT-D GTR, I didn't ask "does anyone know this car"? did I?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
because you obviously miss-understood what I meant, I would like advice on buying a CAT-D GTR, I didn't ask "does anyone know this car"? did I?
Yes, but with no info how do you expect anyone to give you advice.

Guy walks in to see a doctor.
Guy says 'I'm sick'
Doctor says 'Tell me whats wrong'
Guy says 'I can't in case somelse has it'
Doctor says 'How can I help you if you wont tell me whats wrong'
Guy says 'I did I'm sick, why can't you help?'

With no info mate we can't help. What sort of damage, were was it repaired, what was replaced, how was it damaged.

·
Vendor
3,452 Posts
try to find out what exactly what repaired on the car mate. maybe take a professional with you who can check out the quality of repair..

would be better if you just post the link, you want as much info as you can possible on the car and someone here may well know the car....

its better for the customer to get the hump , rather than you ending up with a lemon?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, but with no info how do you expect anyone to give you advice.

Guy walks in to see a doctor.
Guy says 'I'm sick'
Doctor says 'Tell me whats wrong'
Guy says 'I can't in case somelse has it'
Doctor says 'How can I help you if you wont tell me whats wrong'
Guy says 'I did I'm sick, why can't you help?'

With no info mate we can't help. What sort of damage, were was it repaired, what was replaced, how was it damaged.
Tomorrow I am going to view a CAT-D GTR, its for sale for 26k, the guy who is selling it is saying it had only light damage to the front end, so far he hasn't provided any photos etc.. as he I only got in touch with him today and his car is in Germany and he is in UK until tomoz.

What I'm really asking is... would you touch a stage 1 MY09 Cat-D GTR that is for sale for 25k?

Sorry, maybe I should have included a better explanation in my initial post

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
try to find out what exactly what repaired on the car mate. maybe take a professional with you who can check out the quality of repair..

would be better if you just post the link, you want as much info as you can possible on the car and someone here may well know the car....

its better for the customer to get the hump , rather than you ending up with a lemon?
+ 1

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

yeah thats good advice :thumbsup: the issue is we are both in army staioned in Germany, he has posted his car for sale on a local community group on facebook, the for sale advert is not very detailed at all, but I am very local only 15 miles away from where he is, so rather than beat around the bush I viewed the photos and got straight to the point saying "i'm very interseted, will come and see the car tomorrow" because I think it looks like a good deal and I dont want anyone else to beat me to it.

So all I am asking is...... Cat-D MY09 GTR for 26k, is it worth it? in the Evo world (what I'm more used to) a Cat-D isnt that bad, but I have no experience with R35 GTR's, thats why I smashed up this post.

The only thing the guy has said is that it had just front end light cosmetic damage to the bumper and the fans.

·
Premium Member
13,363 Posts
The only thing the guy has said is that it had just front end light cosmetic damage to the bumper and the fans.
Well, he would say that wouldn't he?

It might be fine but that's very cheap to be honest, like euroexports says, you really need to find out exactly what happened to it and how it was repaired. I'd be wary, to say the least. If it was such light damage, why so cheap?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Most repairers will try and gloss over the level of damage.

First question is to ask for pictures of the car before it was repaired.

Regarding the price, the condition of the brakes and tyres is just as important on a previously damaged car as a mint one.

Lastly the mileage.

Check the for sale section here, there was a nice 09 car sold a couple of months ago for £30K with no damage and bout 40 K miles. Seller was Calumski or similar name.

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
Well, he would say that wouldn't he?

It might be fine but that's very cheap to be honest, like euroexports says, you really need to find out exactly what happened to it and how it was repaired. I'd be wary, to say the least. If it was such light damage, why so cheap?
exactly, cheapest ive seen catd is 30k

have a good look over the car, and GRILL him to find out EXACTLY why its cat d

C

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
will do guys :thumbsup:

I'll let you know how I get on, just been dying to to get into a GTR for ages, but you're right I need to becareful.

·
Premium Member
13,363 Posts
Don't buy the first and don't buy the cheapest! Remember, there will be others and paying a bit more for a good one in the first place may save you money long term over this one.

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
will do guys :thumbsup:

I'll let you know how I get on, just been dying to to get into a GTR for ages, but you're right I need to becareful.
Exactly, you will turn up, and the cars immense looks will sell itself!!

BE CAREFUL and ask the questions bud, you are a savvy car guy I know, so play the game and check it out fully.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Exactly, you will turn up, and the cars immense looks will sell itself!!

BE CAREFUL and ask the questions bud, you are a savvy car guy I know, so play the game and check it out fully.
will do mate, i'll keep you informed :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
If he can't provide pictures of the damage and bills for the repair work then I would walk away.
However cat-d is just light damage, so if you think it's not hurt anything structurally and the repairs are of a high quality then give it a drive and if it's all good there then buy it!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I just got back from viewing the car.

The car had an accident 2 years ago, he had the invoices for the repair 15k worth, but no photos.

The car had a few things that would need doing, there was a 20cm scratch on the passenger door, 3 alloys need refirbed, and the bottom of the front bumper had a small dent where it had been grounded coming down a ramp.

Car goes well, is only stage 1 by Litchfield about 580bhp, not as fast as I thought it would be tbh. Has FSH by Lichfield too.

After some haggling I managed to knock him down to £23k

But I think I will leave it and look for a better example.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts