GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My poor old Mum is not enjoying best of health just now,but is thankfully slowly improving.

Meaning that I have had to make a daily commute from Southampton to Cheltenham,a 240 mile round trip

The Nissan covers this distance admirably,in relative style,comfort and maybe evan a little bit of prowess?

The first two trips however I vastly underestimated the mpg,thinking **** this tomorrow I'll take my shitty car

said shitty car

I thrashed said shitty car all the way there and all the way back totally hooning it at 65mph! saving a whopping £25 in gas Eventually I got to the last corner before my house and the fecking whole exhaust system split in half...leaving me with a £200 repair bill

So back in the Nissan today£50 fuel 40 odd litres of fuel=22 mpg = £150 saving over that bluddy peugeot(y)

·
Premium Member
5,954 Posts
Tbh if you drive the GTR with a bit of sensibleness 30+ mpg can be achieved.

i am thrashing about in a 2011 S4 at the moment and it is much less economical than the GTR

·
Registered
25,657 Posts
I don’t think I’ve seen less than 28 or 30 in mine

Then again I do just plod along

Not sure I would be using one for such a big commute everyday

Depreciation & tyres

·
Premium Member
5,954 Posts
Running mpss I never worried about tyres, think I got 24k miles out of one set. I bought my GTR to use it not for future value.

·
Registered
271 Posts
This has come up before with people talking about 30mpg - I don't drive particularly hard most of the time and have never seen above 20mpg in all the years I've owned the car.

·
Premium Member
5,954 Posts
best I ever did from a tank was around 380 miles IIRC, it was on a motorway run and I was taking it very steady just to see what it could do. I only did it once mind you...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Best I ever did on a tank was 3 laps of the Nordschleife. Might have been enough left for one more...

Fun drive back to Calais watching the Distance to Empty increase almost all the journey!!

·
Ooo Matron !
2,155 Posts
I average around 22, and I just tootle around the town or do motorway driving.

My boss once asked me what it did to the gallon and was appalled but after thinking about it for a moment he said "Well, 600 horsepower has to come from somewhere !"

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
I think overall the GTR is very good on fuel for the performance you are getting.

I’ve seen nearly 30mpg on a leisurely cruise with 20mpg on average. If you give it beans though like any car it will be very poor (single figures). Compare this to cars I have owned over the years (bhp vs mpg) it’s hard to beat. E.g. Golf R32 – 250bhp 20mpg at best, Sierra XR4x4 150bhp <20mpg.

For comparison I have a couple of friends that I regularly have road trips with, one has a Huracan the other a RS6 and the GTR is always the most frugal and more than a match for both.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I drove very sensible to Litchfields the other day... And managed 26mpg.. it dropped to about 20mpg on the way home though.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One thing is for sure the Fuel Econ guage certainly displays some complete and utter loblocks....60mpg while cruising at 70ish!?!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts