GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A number of things that need some urgent attention.

1. When is the next top ten day or similar it looked realy good.

2. Where is the nearest rolling road up north and when I say up north I dont mean the midlands like Manchester or Liverpooooool. I mean the real north - Newcastle.

3. the reason why I need this info is simple and I am sure you can all help me out here. I have my gorgeous UK Spec R33 GTR Vspec, which up to date has been more than just a car, I am unsure as to what mods have been done if any cos Middlehurst told me it was completely standard and that the BHP was 360. Any way I digress, My Business parner has an RS4. Now this on its own was enough as he would constantly tell me that my car was nice but his was faster. mmmmmmmmm I thought OK I can accept that maybe, maybe not but id av him on the track (point 1)

If this was not enough, he then decides to drive off to Zurich, Switz or wherever it is, during business TIME!!!! Spends an obscene amount of COMPANY money to come back this SPORTEC conversion which means he now has just under 500BHP soon to be over as he is still awaiting other bits and the DYNO sheet to prove it ( Point 2). Oh and I forgot he also has the car knowledge that I would die for and he knows it.

Right, what are mt options, I could say , So I have a SKYLINE ALRIGHT!!!

I am thinking of maybe getting some mods for half as much as he spent, zipping past him and slapping him in the face with the COMPANY money I saved for a faster cooler car but then I thought would upgrading my UK spec motor de value it.

Then I think well part ex it for a already modded car and the jobs done.

Guys I am open to sugestions.

Also I realy want to get him to a track day that is organised by us, he goes to a Fkng hell of a lot organised by others in COMPANY time and I think he find it all a bit easy or so it seems.

Got to say this mind his car does look the muts nuts. You can see at the RS4 site wherever that is.

I welcome your thoughts

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
gtr rs4

well at crail drag strip about a month or so ago
i was running my skyline along side a rs4 with about 450 bhp
my clutch was fcuked and he left me off the start line but at the other end i was a full second faster.

hope he is there this weekend new clutch in and working

keith

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where this weekend?

I shall mention it to him and he just might show up unless its members only or something.

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
by the way, just want 2 top trumps, now the spider and the ferrari.

If you got em we win!!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I wouldn't worry about modifications devaluing a UK car, as you're car is an R33 it has done most of its depreciation now!

I'd go to rod bell and ask for an engine like Keiths if I were you
:D

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that mate, I cant make it but I shall try and persuade him.

The yellow beast on there looks the DB, now thats maybe what I should be looking for mmmmmm.

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
487 Posts
Newcastle lad huh? :)

You've got 2 choices:

Well Lane, Batley, Yorks (100 miles south of Newcastle)

Star Performance, Edinburgh (120 miles north of Newcastle)

I would say that stars dyno is probably the best, its exactly the same as the Tuning Japanese one in London where this board likes getting its figures from.

HTH

Gaz Walker.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Polarbearit

Thanks for that how much would that cost me??

Gaz

Thanks for that how much would that cost me??

Cheers

I Know nowt

Chris

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gaz you r a star thanks for that, if I can be of assistance just let me know.

Chris

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right here are pictures of the car that has now pissed on me twice and on top of that I have to sit opposite the Fcker and his cheesy grin all day every day cept weekends of cause. So dont go thinkin that again Lolly!!!!!

Got to get someone or many to meet at the next track day to give him some stiff competition. BTW reckons he can make Crail for the end of August. Now that would be fun.

Someone take up the Gauntlet cos I want to see it happen.

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
nice enough car but it aint a skyline...

bet it don't handle as well as yours, especially at 150 plus !!

/Steve

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
er guys I think you may have to concede

here and Steve they handle like nothing else mate. I would say they handle BETTER than a GTR.
I have driven one and I was VERY Impressed. 25% drivetrain distribution to each corner so totally stable as well as perma 4wd.
And that was a std one with 380 BHP. This mother has 500 ponies!!
Longer wheelbase than std A4 so more stable at high speed.
I think you are going to need at least 500 BHP in a GTR to beat one of these.
Credit where crdit is due and these are SERIOUS mothers!!
I mean they are skyline money new so they should be.
I think you may have to say ok they are about the same at least.
I have always loved me Audis and will probably end up with one one day if I ever got fed up of the GTR.

NLW

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Steve

Thats what I keep telling him but hes always by the time I get to 150mph. I realy, realy, realy fancy doing something with me motor.

Thing is though I want it to be descreet, if you know what I mean so I aint sure what I want. Fancy some new wheels, Lowering the suspension and a new exhaust but not a huge bean tin on the back I quite like my original twin pipes.

You know the crack what do you sugest and wheres the best place to have a look at some wheels?

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
NLW

You sound like him

Dont get me wrong it is a smart car and I do like it, I once had an UR Audi Quattro and loved it.

But to concede well I dont know about that, I better just go and get me NIZMO 400R, now that should do it

Chris

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Nick,

Fair enough mate, never driven one.. good for taking the dog for a walk...

Chris,

probably the most subtle looking exhaust is the super dragger twin outlet but it isn't exactly inconspicuous !!

if you want to go faster than this get the company cheque book out and send it to Abbey. wouldn't worry about wheels, they make it look faster and change the final gear ratios so it will be a big higher on the top end but to really get your money's worth you are better off spending the money where it counts, engine and clutch.

big turbos, triple plate clutch, head gasket, fuel rail,injectors,fuel pump, oil cooler, head gasket new plugs,ecu, boost controller, big intercooler, hard pipes, free flowing induction kit and a partridge in a pear tree. that should see you spending about 10 -15k

but oh what fun.

/Steve

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
Nick,
After an automotive battering the GT-R's gave
EVERYBODY at this weekends '10 of the best',
have you lost faith already?:rolleyes:

Permanant 4x4,....... so it understeers like a Reliant then.:p

The stoppers many look nice, but thats it.

It must be pushed at 500bhp. The std car uses 1.9bar to get its 360.
I only hope the mods came with a big belt to help strap that block together. :p

It ain't NO GT-R!! As for handeling....:p :p

Keep the faith Nick, keep the faith.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Steve

where can I see the exhaust?

As for the wheels I just want it to look good as I think it seems to sit a little high at the front and the standard wheel dosnt seem to fill the arches. Yes I am a vain bstd!!!!

Andy Middlehurst told me the ECU was upgraded hence the 360 but between you and me I aint looked at it to see.

OK Ill come clean, where is the ECU? I didnt dare ask for fear of being made to look foolish but now I dont give a fck.

rather b a fool with a skyline than cool without.

Nick

Thats what I like to hear mate

Cheers

Chris

1 - 20 of 61 Posts