GTR Forum banner
41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,056 Posts
That would suggest uk cars have unique VINs.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Thanks for the reply. Yes it is now there; after properly reading your instructions, I found it in the FAQs. It's 3554.

If you don't mind me asking, why did those missing numbers not appear in the original list? In other words why did they not show up in your original FAST searches?
don't mind at all. in fact the answer is right at the very top of the main page. "The reason for this occuring is that these VINs did not appear in my 2 original sources of data. Brad and IronChef have lead me to a new source which has produced these results."

As for why they're not in the original 2 sources, I don't know, doesn't matters at all.

--

Ok I'll add the 80 UK GTRs in to the normal database (thanks to K66 SKY for permission) and add them to the build totals. Should be done within 24 hours.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·

·
Super Moderator
16,056 Posts
I'm guessing that the 3rd Lightening Yellow car tonigmr2 has referred to is one of the currently missing UK BNR34's on the list....:(
Correct, I have physically seen it so I know it exists, but I'm not sure what number it is.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Hi,

Still looking for a photo of a UK R34 GTR VIN plate if anyone could please help? (Happy to receive photo in PM and won't distribute photo).

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
16,056 Posts
Hi,

Still looking for a photo of a UK R34 GTR VIN plate if anyone could please help? (Happy to receive photo in PM and won't distribute photo).

Cheers
I will have a look at the weekend.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Any one have the cold weather package? must admit curious whats included in that.
i dont have it on mine but i know for a fact it has a different battery tray to accommodate a bigger battery and large terminal cables. there may be other differences too just dont know what.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Truly a fantastic effort. Found my car listed too. Really interesting stuff. Many thanks for sharing with us all. :)

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
i know for a fact it has a different battery tray to accommodate a bigger battery and large terminal cables. there may be other differences too just dont know what.
Yup, An addition of a carpet material to the bootlid and heated door mirrors were the other two options on Cold Climate Skylines if its anything like the R33's ROB!

One Man's Lonely Adventures In His R33 Skyline GT-R: R33 GT-R - Cold Climate Region Spec Option

These options weren't limited to just GT-R's either...

HTH!:)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I will have a look at the weekend.

Re: Cold weather package

This is the type of information I'm hoping to research and collect and document and photograph it all. Also working on collecting photos of all of the different standard stereos that came with the car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i dont have it on mine but i know for a fact it has a different battery tray to accommodate a bigger battery and large terminal cables. there may be other differences too just dont know what.
I have a feeling the UK cars have this, anyone else confirm? My UK-spec has large battery try with the same "ac delco" battery ( I think its a 005l) and terminals that can be seen on the Z-tune car thats for sale at the moment.

My uk-spec also has carpet on the bootlid, no idea if all 34's have this?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Thanks for reply mate and for everyone else's replies , the more people chip in the better and will add to the awesome work 9TR has done:thumbsup:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 · (Edited)
Alright just went and checked my 2 R34 GTRs (GTR & M-Spec). Of course remember 1 of mine is series 1 and 1 is series 2, so not a direct comparison. did anyone else notice that 100% of M-Specs and M-Spec nurs have the cold weather package? :) Also that is probably related to the heated leather seats - which there are extra buttons to the lower right of the steering wheel. (click for larger)

Non cold pack:

Cold pack - definitely larger.

While back there I also intrigued by the big metal box on the right of the GTR which is not on the mspec

GTR:

M-spec:

Upon closer inspection, looks like it's related to the optional sat nav unit installed on the GTR (17th digit is C) whereas the mspec 17th digit is - (standard)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Found a model code for a UK GTR: GGJPRWYR34ZDAYGB1Z with a build date of 1999-08. I'd still like confirmation that looks correct. If so, the 16th digit for UK GTRs would be B which proves that UK GTRs are additional to the BNR34- chassis cars. That particular model code identifies as not having the cold weather pack which is interesting (12th digit D not Z). Will wait for another UK GTR model code.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts