GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,I have a problem with my gtr regarding repair work,my mechanic is at a loss with it and suspects it's something to do with the drive shaft but is very unsure it's also making a clicking noise when turning and was originally diagnosed as a CV joint but it's not that,I would be very greatful if somebody could recommend a gtr repair centre in Yorkshire that would be able to help
Kind regards
Danny

·
Administrator
31,485 Posts

Youre welcome ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks lads have just passed info onto mechanic so will see what happens,he's also said the cars starting to judder when on full lock now to?,could this also be something related to the noise

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And any recommendations for a gd gtr repair centre in Yorkshire would be very helpful for future as it's a long trek to Litchfield for me

·
R35 Section manager
10,841 Posts
Got it now and yes deffo same noises sounds like bent spokes on a bike wheel ?
Yes that's it.
Just the hub nut. You rarely hear them as they are genuinely checked during the service intervals.
Cheap fix as its normally under an hour to do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes that's it.
Just the hub nut. You rarely hear them as they are genuinely checked during the service intervals.
Cheap fix as its normally under an hour to do.
I've just had a chat with mechanic and he said the hub nut was tight but the sound on your vid is exact same sound my car's making ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
There AC Speedtech in Warrington, JM imports near Newcastle or GTR heritage at Wingate.

Have you tried cleaning up hub surface behind the discs then using some high temp paste like copper clip. Same on surface where alloys fit onto the studs. Then torque to 147Nm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
R35 Section manager
10,841 Posts
There AC Speedtech in Warrington, JM imports near Newcastle or GTR heritage at Wingate.

Have you tried cleaning up hub surface behind the discs then using some high temp paste like copper clip. Same on surface where alloys fit onto the studs. Then torque to 147Nm.

As above.
It's the inner part of the hubs.
Get the copper slip out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeh he has

Yeh he has once I told him about your advice thank you and he said the ticking has stopped but gunner try it again in morning,it was starting to judder as well before I took it in so will test it 2mrw when I pick it up but this is second time he said it's fine now and same fault came back last time

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mine also has juddering/resistance noise when on full lock at low speed, I’ve driven a few and they all do it. I was told this was normal and down to the diff. When the engine/gearbox is hot it is less noticeable. Does yours sound similar?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mine also has juddering/resistance noise when on full lock at low speed, I’ve driven a few and they all do it. I was told this was normal and down to the diff. When the engine/gearbox is hot it is less noticeable. Does yours sound similar?

Yeh that sounds spot on and it's only on full lock when I've just started her up that it's noticeable,I thought I'd broken something cos I clipped a kerb so replaced alloy and I'm sure it's got a slight imperfection as when you get to about 50 mph there's a slight dinning noise but I'm not sure others notice it but I bloody do lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts