GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to purchase an R32/R33 GT-R drivers seat (although in reality I'd be willing to purchase a pair if no one is willing to sell just the one). I am of course assuming that the R33 seat will fit into an R32.

Failing that does anyone know if a bucket seat with a 4 point harness will pass an MOT test ?

Talat.

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
bucket

I would have thought that as long as the seat is ok and it is securely attached to the floorpan and the harnesses are secure and not frayed there would be no problem as it would be better than the original!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Seating

Talat,
I think you will find that a 33 seat is slightly bigger, runs on different rails and is slightly different shape to the 32 seat. I think I am right in saying that the 33 seat wouldn't fit in a 32.............I could be wrong but I think I remember this info from a conversation I had a while back with Mark from Abbey Motorsport. Give him a ring
regards
wroestar:D

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
R32 seat

Thanks, that's all I need - the number of R32's in the UK is small and I'd imagine the number of people who have changed their seats is going to be even smaller - looks like I may have to stick with the bucket seat, unless some luck comes my way.

I'll double check with Abbey to make sure.

Talat.

·
Registered
506 Posts
R33 Seats

Talat,

Did anyone ever get back to you regarding GTR R33 seats? I'm tempted to replace my tacky GTS seats with some nice GTR buckets so would be interested in purchasing a pair.

p.s. when do you check your hands on your motor?:smokin:

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seats

Stu,

Unfortunately no one got back to me with regards to the seats which is unsurprising considering the lack of R32's in the UK. I do know of a place where you can get a used set of front R33 GTR seats for around £300 and the rear for an extra £100.

Let me know if you are interested.

Talat.

·
Registered
506 Posts
R33 Seats

Talat,

I'm in the process of forking out a small fortune (just had the quote:eek: ) to rebiuld and soup-up my engine so I may have to give the seats a miss for a couple of months. I will definately keep you in mind when I decide to change the fronts. I'm assuming that the front seats in the R33 GTR will fit onto the brackets of the R33 GTS.

You'll have to post some picks of your car once its cleared by Customs:D

Cheers mate:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
All FIA approved seats and harnesses should pass an MOT,as rally cars have to be MOTed and road legal (yeah sure, you try getting away with antilag and a postage stamp sized no. plate).

And all the decent manufacturers will also trim your remaining seats and door cards etc. to match. Cobra do some really nice road seats.

http://www.cobraseats.com/

or drop me a line for availability etc.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Cobra seats

Yeti,

You really aren't helping me budget here:D :D . Damn but are those seats to good to miss;) ;)

Christmas seems to have come early

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
John,

The numbers that I used to have seem to have been disconnected. Next time I'm down East London way I'll stop by the yard to see if they have any in stock (or if they are still in business for that matter).

Talat.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
seats

Here are a couple of numbers I found the other nite on the net for skyline parts(or so they say):

0208-595-4050

01257-472-866

Try them.They might have some!

Good luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts