GTR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Off to see a gtr, can someone give me a idea how much a 36 month /3 year service on a my 11 is

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
At an independent or at a Nissan HPC?

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
About £650 at an independent.

Over a grand at an HPC last time I checked.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mine cost £950 including an MOT at AF Nobles in Edinburgh (NHPC).

I won't be taking it back there though as the car came back with some additions in the form of light scratches and a kerbed wheel... :bawling:

Of course, they are denying everything as 'they were already on there as it was marked up on the pre-job card' - which had 2x colours of ink on it by the time I got a scan of it - which my suspicious mind tells me a second colour was added after I sent them photo's and locations of the additional extra's...

I should have followed the advice I got and taken it to the likes of Litchfield's, Sly etc. but just didn't have the time... Will make sure the 2014 service is better planned.

HTH

·
Premium Member
2,123 Posts

I won't be taking it back there though as the car came back with some additions in the form of light scratches and a kerbed wheel... :bawling:

Of course, they are denying everything as 'they were already on there as it was marked up on the pre-job card' - which had 2x colours of ink on it by the time I got a scan of it - which my suspicious mind tells me a second colour was added after I sent them photo's and locations of the additional extra's...

I should have followed the advice I got and taken it to the likes of Litchfield's, Sly etc. but just didn't have the time... Will make sure the 2014 service is better planned.

HTH
You could have got Litchfields to pick the car up and take it down. At a cost mind, I did that last year

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Mines just been booked in at Westover Bournemouth for a Major Service including drivelines.

Also have ordered a new front badge and a near side side repeater, and the total comes to £1299.19

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Because not all of us have the time to drive 3-5 hours there and back, and also not keen on it being loaded onto trucks or piling miles on it being driven by someone else.

Convenience comes at a price, and Bournemouth is only 25min drive for me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
You could have got Litchfields to pick the car up and take it down. At a cost mind, I did that last year
Yeah, that'll probably be the route I'll take if I'm in the same position time wise otherwise I might take the wife along and do the journey and servive thing over a couple of days...

I think I saw that Greenpark Garage in Montrose did the concierge service for Nobles (sure I saw a pic on someone's build thread?) and they seem to have a good reputation so would likely use them...

650 from a NHPC seems cheap - don't think that'll include the gearbox oil change...

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Because not all of us have the time to drive 3-5 hours there and back, and also not keen on it being loaded onto trucks or piling miles on it being driven by someone else.

Dean Weymouth to Westover Bournemouth is not 25 mins! !

·
Registered
401 Posts

HTH

I had the same issues with A F Noble, everytime my car went there it came back with more marks on bodywork and wheels, i have been using Litchfields and J M Imports since both have been top notch, i would also consider Checkpoint in Arbroath with you being where you are mate, the owner Callum is a top man he's been working on my R34 and has been working on skylines for years, is VERY experienced and professional and is also doing R35s now too.
John

·
R35 Section manager
11,252 Posts

Yes it seems daft to drive 3 hours or more to get a service as by the time you price your time and fuel costs into it there is barely a saving

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had the same issues with A F Noble, everytime my car went there it came back with more marks on bodywork and wheels, i have been using Litchfields and J M Imports since both have been top notch, i would also consider Checkpoint in Arbroath with you being where you are mate, the owner Callum is a top man he's been working on my R34 and has been working on skylines for years, is VERY experienced and professional and is also doing R35s now too.
John
Hi John - yeah, agree about using Checkpoint & Callum. My car is booked into there next time home to get the Stage 2 mods done so will see if he can continue with the servicing scheduling going forward - not sure if he can do the optimisation stuff etc as I'd imagine that would be a hefty investment for him... Is your car the bayside R34 he has in at the moment - if it is I apologise for the drool marks on it ;)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hi John - yeah, agree about using Checkpoint & Callum. My car is booked into there next time home to get the Stage 2 mods done so will see if he can continue with the servicing scheduling going forward - not sure if he can do the optimisation stuff etc as I'd imagine that would be a hefty investment for him... Is your car the bayside R34 he has in at the moment - if it is I apologise for the drool marks on it ;)
Hi mate yes that was the one :D
Investment wise yes your right, he will eventually invest i think he said it was going to be down to the number of R35s that come in to him.
We never did meet up if your still wanting to see my stage 2 R35 then let me know, it will give you an idea of what you will be gaining power wise.:thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts