GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car will soon be wanting a service and I was intending to use SVM who have looked after this car pretty much from new....

Sadly, SVM is a 300 mile round trip and would involve full working day off which adds considerably to the cost/hassle of going so far for servicing

So, I am looking for recommendations in the yorkshire/Lancashire area.......is there anyone who is on apar with SVM up here?......this car is my baby so I am looking for somewhere really very good indeed

Your recommendations would be most welcomed!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
RB Motorsport in Lancashire
+1 :smokin:

I'm considering RB my self on my GT-R 34 that was build by them !!!!!

Top guys MGT helped me alot since iv owned the 34, but like Ash say its 250 miles trip up and down for me and I can't do it !!!!:bawling:

·
Vendor
1,669 Posts
I'm not sure where you are Ash but I'm in Preston and would drive to SVM for servicing. Its more about the experience of going to SVM and its a well known tuner to have in your service book. They will happily chat about developments and customers cars and of course, you are pretty much guaranteed to see about 15 GTR's in various states of tunes, different wraps, the hulk, etc in their huge workshops. Its well worth a visit and about 1h 45h down the M6 from me. They will treat you well and you will possibly learn much from Kev and Amar. Plus their servicing skills are second to none :)

Of course RB Motorsport will see you well if you choose that route :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure where you are Ash but I'm in Preston and would drive to SVM for servicing. Its more about the experience of going to SVM and its a well known tuner to have in your service book. They will happily chat about developments and customers cars and of course, you are pretty much guaranteed to see about 15 GTR's in various states of tunes, different wraps, the hulk, etc in their huge workshops. Its well worth a visit and about 1h 45h down the M6 from me. They will treat you well and you will possibly learn much from Kev and Amar. Plus their servicing skills are second to none :)

Of course RB Motorsport will see you well if you choose that route :)
SVM is definitely my first choice as I've visited previously and they are first rate......I may end up biting the bullet and sticking with SVM as the cars history is with them ......I just wish they'd open a northern branch!

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
My car will soon be wanting a service and I was intending to use SVM who have looked after this car pretty much from new....

Sadly, SVM is a 300 mile round trip and would involve full working day off which adds considerably to the cost/hassle of going so far for servicing

So, I am looking for recommendations in the yorkshire/Lancashire area.......is there anyone who is on apar with SVM up here?......this car is my baby so I am looking for somewhere really very good indeed

Your recommendations would be most welcomed!
Go to Andy at AC Speedtech in Birchwood, Nr. Warrington. I wouldn't take any of my cars anywhere else now. He knows them inside out. A good chap as well.

I live in Sheffield, and don't mind the hour travel to get there. He's not far from the train station either, so I often leave mine with him.

He is a trader on here. See here

Recently service my car, and not long since he did my gearbox circlips and gearstops. Nice surprise is that he did the 4 light conversion also. No charge.

Also on hand at Blyton and Combe to tweak the map on my car. Again, for free

One of the few tuners I know that goes the extra mile

1 - 8 of 8 Posts