GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit of a weird thread, but I get a 2018 Katsura orange GTR soon, and I want it in my garage. I***8217;ve got a detached garage, but it***8217;s new build garage and it***8217;s not huge. A GTR....is! Ha. Does anyone know roughly, or have a garage that fits the GTR in and let you open the door enough to get out? If so, what kind of width does it need to be?

Thanks in advance ***x1f642;

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a new build with integrated garage which is even smaller!! Mine is getting tucked away for the winter, it's extremely tight either side to get in/out of the car so I've covered the wall in foam which makes it less stressful but still a ballache!

·
Ooo Matron !
1,986 Posts

My entrance is 2100mm (6' 11") and the narrowest bit (i.e. where my car doors are) is 2470mm (8' 1").

I have to slide over and get out of the passenger side. I've a bag of rags at the back so I gently drive into those, and then I know it's fully in (oo-er missus !).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This sounds more promising than I thought! My openings 2300mm and then opens out a bit more. I***8217;ll give it a measure in the morning. Added bonus getting to see some GTR rears too. Thanks! Ha. What are people***8217;s internal width once past the opening? (Where the car door would have to open to) I could foam the drivers side wall so I can open as much as possible.

·
R35 Section manager
10,644 Posts
If you do a search on this subject it was covered a few years back and there were quite a few posts on there.
On my phone at the moment so cant find it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Approx 2600mm internal width. I have 12mm underlay on the walls so i can open the doors and squeeze out.(not in the picture but for reference)
Thanks bud. Been a big help.

If you do a search on this subject it was covered a few years back and there were quite a few posts on there.
I***8217;ll have a search. Couldn***8217;t find one before but I***8217;ll try harder if I know there is one. Cheers for letting me know.

·
Ooo Matron !
1,986 Posts
This sounds more promising than I thought! My openings 2300mm and then opens out a bit more. I’ll give it a measure in the morning. Added bonus getting to see some GTR rears too. Thanks! Ha. What are people’s internal width once past the opening? (Where the car door would have to open to) I could foam the drivers side wall so I can open as much as possible.
I have carpet nailed on both walls in case I can just manage to squeeze out of the driver's side. I start off going in with the wing mirrors out and then fold them in as they reach the opening as it helps line the car up in the middle.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a new build garage. 2013 GTR but i think its the same size. Tool chest and the back and its a squeeze! But it does fit. With my chest removed from the back ive had it jacked up and wheels off as well.
Wow, how'd you manage to get the rears off in that space? You're back must have had a good workout!

·
R35 Section manager
10,644 Posts
I'll have a search. Couldn't find one before but I'll try harder if I know there is one. Cheers for letting me know.[/QUOTE]

Found it!!

Hoping my gtr will fit in my garage? https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=325050

·
Premium Member
129 Posts

My entrance is 2100mm (6' 11") and the narrowest bit (i.e. where my car doors are) is 2470mm (8' 1").

I have to slide over and get out of the passenger side. I've a bag of rags at the back so I gently drive into those, and then I know it's fully in (oo-er missus !).
Bag of rags is not a bad idea. A friend who's garage is wide but not deep has a tennis ball suspended from the ceiling when it touches the windscreen she knows shes in.

·
Registered
602 Posts
IF your Garage is as small as these depicted put a wide mirror on the back wall, you can then line the car up easier, thankfully I have a double so easy access, still use a mirrored back wall though.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had to have my garage entrance widened to 8ft and a roller door fitted just to get an EVO X in let alone an R35:chuckle:

..but once inside I can get in and out without having to dislocate any parts of me and at its narrowest(by the doors) its 8' 6'' with carpet on the wall

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not sure if this helps as my garage is 6m x 3m but I could comfortably open the door without going too far left. Length wise there was over a metre to the wall.

Oof. That***8217;s a pretty rear! Where are you based? I feel I***8217;ve seen that reg before.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Not sure if this helps as my garage is 6m x 3m but I could comfortably open the door without going too far left. Length wise there was over a metre to the wall.

Oof. That's a pretty rear! Where are you based? I feel I've seen that reg before.
I am based in Barnsley but I sold the car with the plate on earlier this year. Not sure where the new owner is based. Looking at getting a Katsura EBA in the new year if I can find one at the right price

·
R35 Section manager
10,644 Posts
IF your Garage is as small as these depicted put a wide mirror on the back wall, you can then line the car up easier, thankfully I have a double so easy access, still use a mirrored back wall though.
That is what I have done with mine.
It has made it much easier to line the car up as it goes in.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts