GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a genuine GTR spoiler fitted to my GTT, however due to its weight the internal boot release is unable to lift the boot clear of its catch. I have to resort to unlocking and opening the boot with a key.

The lid is much heavier to lift with the weight of the spoiler and it wants to close very easily (nearly hit my head a few times!).

Has anyone else fitted a GTR spoiler to the GTT and had this problem?

Did you fit different (perhaps GTR specific) boot struts? If so how much did they cost?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
This might help with the lock problem at least?
When I had my GTT the boot would rattle quite allot when i went over bumps. It turned out the rubber things that are designed to cushion the boot lid against the body had worn down, so they no longer did their job. (stick with me on this one.....:))
Anyway It was driving me mad so i looked for a solution to take out the rattle.
So what I did was fit those rubber things you get on the bottom of walking sticks, (from a hardware shop) on top of the smaller rubber OEM ones that had been worn away. Hey presto no more rattle!!! It took away the slack.
OK so heres the bit thats relevent to you, the other thing that happened as a side effect due to this was my boot now sprung up when i released it with the catch as their was a bit more pressure behind it from the new rubbers. So what i'm thinking is if you do the same it might just help with the clearance problem of your lock??? The best thing is its a cheap fix, think the two rubbers ends cost a couple of quid, so probably worth a try? Just make sure you get them big enough to go over the OEM rubbers.
Hope this helps.
:)
bob

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,193 Posts
I think that the 'strut' for the boot is a spring thing. Mine won't lift the boot but will hold it open. When I removed the spoiler the boot would spring open. Might be that a GTR spring thing would be stronger then the GTS one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts