GTR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys I am from Australia and I am a newbie but a great GTR(King of the Road) fan, although I have yet to get one :(

Anyway has anyone visited the following site where the author reckons GTR's handles like a RWD axle falcon.
:eek:

And the guy in the article has made modifications to the G sensors to improve handling.

I am really interested in seeing what you guys think about the article.

I personally was shocked but interested!!

http://www.autospeed.com/A_0060/article.html

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
G-Sensors

Hi, I have just read the article. It is very interesting. I think what he says is all correct, but at the moment I trying to get my car to work 100% e.g. no gearbox crunches, fires on all cylinders fine at all times, no detonation! I have not driven the car hard like he states and was reserving this for a wet track day so I keep out of the way of other road users. It is the first (semi) 4wd drive car that I have owned so I cannot comment how well it handles but it is lots better than my previous Renault 19 16 valve!!
The g-sensor mods are very interesting. I have a blitz traction control unit that alters the torque split but I thought that it was only plumbed into the computer in the boot but I suppose that it might affect the signal from the g-sensors. I was told that if I fiddled with it, I would cause the car to understeer (the previous owner used it as a track car) and also the common consensus is to only use the drive to the front wheels in short bursts and not permanently.
It may be that my unit does adjust the permanent torque split where Julian says that you need to adjust how quickly it changes the torque split.
It was very brave of him to play with the electronics, I think!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts