GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I recently crash my vspec gtr r34. I am getting a non vspec and I was told that the only difference is the rear differential and the front and rear diffusers. I am keeping both of them and I wanted to know if the rear diff will work and what would I have to do to fit it in if anyone has done it before. Also if the rear diffuser will fit or would I have to fabricate some things to get it on ??

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
You need to replace the entire attessa system
Pump, wiring, ecu, differential...
Get an aftermarket differential instead. It's cheaper and better.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So your saying it'll be too much work to change them so it makes no sense to change it. Is there a difference in the performance of the car with the different diffs. Also would the rear diffuser work on the non vspec or will I have to do some fabrications ??

·
Registered
100 Posts
+1 on the stiffer suspension

I've test driven both, I personally preferred the non v-spec. I didn't like the way the atessa system behaived in the vspec, could have been a faulty system I suppose but to me it felt like it was randomly pulling me left or right in a torque steer sort of manner only less predictable.

·
Registered
947 Posts
the boot floor from the non v-spec is different from the v-spec
but you can transfer the rear diffuser to the non v-spec with right brackets and drilling the floor boot two little holes(just make sure they get seal in the proper way),you also can get some stainless steel brackets from one of ours traders like RB Motorsport (i got mine from them and they are very very good quality).

another difference is the MFD the non v-spec as two less sensor this can also been change with the nismo upgrade (not cheap tho)

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
As mentioned, if you ever want to upgrade the rear diff to something aftermarket like a Nismo 1.5way, and or put a ETS-Pro 4x4 Controller on it, the Non V-Spec is what you need.

·
Registered
947 Posts
As mentioned, if you ever want to upgrade the rear diff to something aftermarket like a Nismo 1.5way, and or put a ETS-Pro 4x4 Controller on it, the Non V-Spec is what you need.
interesting that! mine is non v-spec but it did come with aftermarket rear diff
(not sure whist make)it did come like that wend i imported from japan.i just know jurgen from jm-imports told me,is a good diff.
wend i'm driving around town at 30mhg seems like the rear brakes is "stock" if this make any sense!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts