the car is currently fitted with

"Blitz" brand SBC boost controller
"Greddy" brand oil filter relocation unit
"Apexi" brand air intake
"Sard" brand blow-off valves
"Nismo" brand "G-max" clutch
"Apexi" cat-back exhaust
"HKS" brand suspension

what would be the next best tuning mods for me to go for?
i would like to be able to buy the parts while the car is being imported, and tested, so i can fit them as soon as the car is uk road legal.

any help would be appretiated on advising me whats the best route to take, as i'm new to skyline tuning.

Matt.
GTB-Developments

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Steel internal turbos or R34 turbos for low boost high response.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
The latter, from what ive been told, standard intercooler is good for reasonably big power.

Ive done as much as i can to my car without the next stage of strengthening engine parts, and the standard intercooler is well capable at the moment.

Get yourself some steel internal turbo's if you want to turn the boost up, ceramics arent good for much over 1.0 bar apparently.

Then you could think about bigger injectors, fuel pump, engine management etc..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what sort of power can i get before i start having to change internals?
the car is going to be my daily driver for the time being, so i cant afford for the car to be off the road yet.

Matt.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
GTB said:
what sort of power can i get before i start having to change internals?
the car is going to be my daily driver for the time being, so i cant afford for the car to be off the road yet.

Matt.
Well dont take this as a benchmark, but some people say standard bottom end can handle 600 bhp, personally i'd stick to around the 500 mark.

And if you're using it as a daily driver, boost controller is a good idea, keep it on low, save fuel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts