GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a question I hope someone could answer in more detail for me.

Obviously I am aware that the gtr r32 runs twin turbo's and I assume that they work with each other in a way where one will spool then when it hits boost the second is spooling?

Could someone clarify this for me?

Also are both turbos the same size or is one larger? I.e smaller turbo boosting while larger spools?

Apologies for the lack of knowledge as it's my first twin turbo.

Many thanks

Rhys

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Both the same size and both work at the same time. No Sequential setup like the Supra.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both the same size and both work at the same time. No Sequential setup like the Supra.

Brilliant thank you for the info! I wasn't to sure if it was similar to the supra set up as you said.

In your opinion is it better set up than the supra type?

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Well I guess it's less complex than the Supra.

I had a Supra TT 6 and it had a lot of low down torque and it spooled the turbos far quicker than a GTR but then the Supra has more displacement too

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Supra setup felt mega, first smaller turbo beginning to spool up from 1500 and strong by 2500 and when the bigger 2nd one kicked in at around 4000 you got a massive kick back.

My initial impressions when I drove a similar powered RB26 was that it was a lot slower. Extra 400cc no doubt that something to do with it as well, the torque was amazing too.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Supra setup felt mega, first smaller turbo beginning to spool up from 1500 and strong by 2500 and when the bigger 2nd one kicked in at around 4000 you got a massive kick back.

My initial impressions when I drove a similar powered RB26 was that it was a lot slower. Extra 400cc no doubt that something to do with it as well, the torque was amazing too.
thanks for the comments guys!

do you find you still get a good kick in the arse with gtr or much more gradual?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

Actually they are the same size. Just that one is bypassed at first and then around 4000rpm the second one is up and running too.
It's a good setup which helps a lot with low rpm power but it does give the car a weird feeling.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts