GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Can you tell me how the GTR turbo's compare to the GTS ones? Would I be right in assuming that because GTR's have 2 of them that they will be smaller than the single T28 found on GTS's? I'm in need of a new turbo and can get a GTR one easily. Can't seem to get a GTS one though!

Any help would be appreciated

James

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't think so

I think all T2/3 flanges are all the same. I beleive people call them a T24 fitment, meaning T2 shape, 4 bolt pattern? Why's that Phil? U got a spare one?

·
Registered
905 Posts
May be a little edgey here but here goes.....

I think that the GTS Turbo is capable of higher flow rates than that of a SINGLE GTr Turbo, I am sure that the single AFM on the GTS is a larger intake width than that of the GTR SINGLE AFR, but dont forget that the GTRs got 2 of everything, so combined give better pressures.

Dont think that a Single GTR turbo would be good enough for u James, as I know you like you power, but i AINT SURE IF IT WOULD EVEN FIT!! As I say I know thjat the AFM Tube is larger on the GTS.

Rod Bell knows a ChaP I think who works for turbo technics and I am sure he told be about a Hybrid Turbine that he knows of, Just a thought.....

Si

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers Draxx

I thought that may be the case. Bit of a bugger that. Mine is absolutely knackered and I can't really afford anything expensive. I have got a bid down on some Tein suspension in Oz and will know if it's mine or not on Friday. If I don't win it then I'll have around £3-400 to spend on a turbo. Suppose I could just get mine rebuilt?

Cheers guys

James

·
Registered
905 Posts
Jason.....

If you have a scour on SDU there was a guy in New Zealand getting shut of a bunch of Hybrid GTS Turbos a while back, cant remember how long ago, but not that long, Im sure he was a company anyway, but they were around 900 ozzy dollars, and that as you know is cheap......

Si

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At the moment

I'm now thinking that I will just get my turbo rebuilt. I'll have to get turbo technics to do their stuff. Realistically I need around 300bhp at the flywheel using standard injectors for now. The main reason I want more power is to allow 3rd gear drifts in the dry. In the wet it's not a problem but in the dry I can't keep the big long drifts going!

Someone on the forum crashed their R33 GTSt not too long ago and had a steel internal'd turbo for £400 but I can't remember who it was!

James

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
James,
Check the memebrs gallery for details of the smashed GTS.

Si,
Thanks for the turbo info ;) :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts