GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys can't find a thread on this for the GTR!

There is a lot of talk on other cars about PSI but nothing I can see for GTR's.

I work on Bars because the tyre pressure read out in the GTR shows you
KPa's not PSI or bar but 200kpa is apparently 2.0 Bar
My problem is that in the manual it states that the tyres should be on 200kpa or 2.0 bar when cold yet the 2 times I have asked Nissan Cambridge to redo my tyres with Nitrogen they set them so they are 180-190kpa when I turn on. Also they are all different as if no real care had been done to check they are all the same. This is lower than the manual suggest. I was wondering if anyone else had had this problem.

So what do you do when you like 40 miles from your dealership and in the Middle of Norfolk. Bye Bye Nitrogen and hello air top ups I suppose!!

This is really frustrating me...Anyone else?:bawling:

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
Nitrogen is not that important ,correct tyre presure all round is though ,I run mine on 30- 32 psi .Nitrogen is only really needed to squeeze the max out of cars like on the track as it is more stable .I dont have a problem and have checked my tyres and topped up with air .

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Nitrogen is not that important ,correct tyre presure all round is though ,I run mine on 30- 32 psi .Nitrogen is only really needed to squeeze the max out of cars like on the track as it is more stable .I dont have a problem and have checked my tyres and topped up with air .
Thanks but why you using PSI when the car shows kpa which is equivalent to Bar! So i take it you don't use the tyre pressure electronic measurement?

If you do what do you use 200 as per the manual when cold?

Sorry but Psi is ok but as you can't monitor it on board I'd rather refer to bar or Kpa.:)

The manual says 20bar cold which is 29psi according to the converter.
It then rises to about 22bar or 220 on the kpa montor = 32psi so we are singing on the same sheet.

I am just annoyed that the dealer couldn't carry out this basic function for me.

Thanks for replying buddy

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
I think you mean 2.00 bar thats what it says on the door 20 bar is a lot

·
Registered
570 Posts
My HPC told me 29psi, which is less than 2 bar.

·
Registered
570 Posts
no 2 bar is more :) if you could measure that!
and 29psi is less than 2 bar... 2bar is 29.008psi, 29 psi is therefore less than 2 bar.

On the subject of changing the display, I have this is tin he manual but when getting to the correct screen don't have the option there of psi.

What am I doing wrong?!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts