GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been out have Dunlops RF and standard car, roads greasy and the GTR is simply alive in your hands and not able to drive itself as some suggest.
I just don't get it when people say the car is uninvolving and drives itself.
I feel the car needs respect and you can't just simply floor it everywhere as some think.

What's people's thoughts?

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Depends how you drive really, balls out with TC off the car will easily bite you if you don't respect it. Drive is fast with the TC on normal, and it will take a lot to make it get out of hand I think.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I think most cars will be involving in the wet if you're going for it! :D

Seriously though, the GTR can be a little sterile in the dry IMHO, for no other reason than it's so darn capable, that it means you have to be going that much faster before you get anywhere near it's limits. Still an incredible car though, but a good demonstration of the fact that really fast doesn't necessarily mean really fun! An M3 for example wouldn't see which way a GTR had gone, but I'd argue that for some of the time at least, it's actually more fun due to it's lower limits and lesser capabilities...

Mart.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Always found it involving and lively, but mine never comes out of r or off for tc and I'm always in manual. Oh plus I have a heavy right foot when mid corner lol

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I find the car on dunlops very lively in current conditions no matter what tc settings. It's not difficult to find yourself in 4 wheel slide even at low speeds.

But I tolerate the wet performance for the incredible dry performance.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Don't get lulled in to a false sense of security. I was out the other day, roads greasy and TC on going at a very steady speed and a little bit of adverse camber on the road suddenly threw the car a little bit sideways and hedge started approaching quite quickly. It was a real bum clencher and a stiff warning to pay attention at all times.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I think the GTR is involving and I came from a TVR Tamora before this which had 0 Traction Control, 0 ABS and the only driver aid is quick steering and a long travel throttle peddle.

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
For me I just don't get the uninvolving bit I just disagree
I disagree as well, I find the GTR is more of a pitbull on a lead, whereas the Evo x was like a sniffer dog on a lead..

·
Registered
81 Posts
I came from a GT3 to the GTR and trust me on the road you can have too much feel.

The GTR is as involving as you want it to be die hards will say it's drives it self and if you live on the track then other lighter cars will be better.

You get the best of both worlds with the GTR some thing that will plod along at a good speed and get out of it with all your teeth and somthing that will put a big smile on your face when the throttle hits the carpet.

For the road the Evos,GTRs and the 997turbos take some beating.

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
1 - 20 of 69 Posts