GTR Forum banner

GTR uninvolving

3K views 68 replies 27 participants last post by  Vernonjones 
#1 ·
Just been out have Dunlops RF and standard car, roads greasy and the GTR is simply alive in your hands and not able to drive itself as some suggest.
I just don't get it when people say the car is uninvolving and drives itself.
I feel the car needs respect and you can't just simply floor it everywhere as some think.

What's people's thoughts?

#15 ·
I disagree as well, I find the GTR is more of a pitbull on a lead, whereas the Evo x was like a sniffer dog on a lead..

#5 · (Edited)
I think most cars will be involving in the wet if you're going for it! :D

Seriously though, the GTR can be a little sterile in the dry IMHO, for no other reason than it's so darn capable, that it means you have to be going that much faster before you get anywhere near it's limits. Still an incredible car though, but a good demonstration of the fact that really fast doesn't necessarily mean really fun! An M3 for example wouldn't see which way a GTR had gone, but I'd argue that for some of the time at least, it's actually more fun due to it's lower limits and lesser capabilities...

Mart.

#9 ·
Don't get lulled in to a false sense of security. I was out the other day, roads greasy and TC on going at a very steady speed and a little bit of adverse camber on the road suddenly threw the car a little bit sideways and hedge started approaching quite quickly. It was a real bum clencher and a stiff warning to pay attention at all times.

#18 ·
I came from a GT3 to the GTR and trust me on the road you can have too much feel.

The GTR is as involving as you want it to be die hards will say it's drives it self and if you live on the track then other lighter cars will be better.

You get the best of both worlds with the GTR some thing that will plod along at a good speed and get out of it with all your teeth and somthing that will put a big smile on your face when the throttle hits the carpet.

For the road the Evos,GTRs and the 997turbos take some beating.

#20 ·
How they look?

#21 ·
Maybe because when one pulls up next to you, you know which one you'd rather be in. Really wanting a SLS at the mo....

I found my old M3 a much more rewarding drive than my GTRs. Both very different in how they perform on the road and track. You really have to try hard to get the gtr out to shape. It's wants to go as fast and flat through the corners as possible. A good thing when chasing lap times and avoiding trees, just not as fun as a tail happy RWD car.

#34 ·
Maybe because when one pulls up next to you, you know which one you'd rather be in. Really wanting a SLS at the mo....
I love the SLS and long to have one but would need to drive one to compare against the GT-R. Not too concerned about differences in speed/acceleration, just whether or not the SLS has the sharp handling of the GT-R; RWD v 4WD probably answers my question but...

I had a passenger ride in one at Mercedes Benz World at Brooklands and it felt bloody awesome. A 6.2L na V8 will be a thing of the past and if it ticked all my boxes it would be a keeper.

Flynn you need one of these in your life. You know it makes sense. Have you driven one?

#25 · (Edited)
He probably wont read that because he unsubscribed.

Oh, and just a heads up Tazz. He likes using the report button a lot. Not saying he has just now, but he has previous on other forums :chuckle:

If you want some thing RWD and you HAVE to drive it get a TVR or a GT2
I really fancy a GT2, but the price of a 997 is mental. A list of cars I would rather have for 90k

#29 ·
All depends on what you want from the car really.....right now the only thing that i would swap my 35 would have 'Underground Racing' stickers on the sideskirts:)

#31 ·
Video is fairly amusing! As to how involving the gtr is, I think is down to how you use it? Awesome on track, dull in auto plodding around our traffic filled roads.. I may well be wrong but I thought the gtr had put in some better times at some tracks than the mp4 ??

#52 ·
Lol, mate I'd need a f@ckin large hanger if I won big. I like soooo many cars I wouldn't be able to choose :chuckle:

Re the spirited drives. Well had a couple recently with mates and lets just say they were lively lol. Hoon season starts again around March hopefully and can't wait. I'm sure once they start I'll send out some invites to the local lads on here and bore some of you with a write up or two :)

#36 ·
I went out for a drive today, R mode traction, cold tyres, 2nd gear acceleration arse end kicked out and steering input required to keep it straight :)

It doesn't drive itself.

#42 ·
My point was any car can spin the wheels on cold/wet tyres and/or cold/set/damp/icy/clammy/moist surface

You both have missed said point and got all bent out of shape.

Stop being so defensive and unclench.

Its not hard to get the traction to kick in on a GTR. It just takes a little bit of poor driving which Im sure both of you are capable of

#56 ·
You both have missed said point and got all bent out of shape.

Stop being so defensive and unclench.

Its not hard to get the traction to kick in on a GTR. It just takes a little bit of poor driving which Im sure both of you are capable of
Funny, you seem to be saying this quite often Flynn. Hmmm, what could it possibly be about your manner of posting that seems to get so many people bent out of shape? Maybe the truly bent shape is a little closer to home? :chuckle:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.