GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take a look here: ベストモータリング2009年9月号「09モデルとスペックVの実力を試す!アウトバーン激走R35GT-R!、新型プリウスの実力は!? 電撃EVモータリング、サスペンション検定 SUV特集 」- BestMOTORing.JP

Click on the Digest movie for the 09-2009 Best Motoring. They show the V-spec lapping the Nurburgring. Then a quick cut to Dirk Schoysman, and he says 7:19?!?

Tell me if I'm reading too much into it. Sounds like the V-Spec got a 7:19 around Nurburgring. What's your take on this??

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
It's said in a questioning manner so may have been Dirk's guess rather than an actual time.

Surely if Nissan had achieved that we would have heard it all over the place by now and not via Best Motoring?

Having said that, I'm sure the SpecV is capable of such a time. (But so would a normal GT-R with only a couple of grands worth of mods!)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, who knows. Their reaction after Dirk said that sounds like it's something that was accomplished. However, that's what I was thinking. You would think that Nissan would have published it. But the video does also show one of the best motoring drivers on the Nurburgring with the V-spec.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I have that car magazine. Makes you wonder why Nissan doesn't want to publish it. Couple of seconds gained on the Nurburgring surely doesn't justify the cost of the V-Spec.

Either way, I just found it interesting. I know in the Car magazine that they said Dirk was going around the ring in the V-spec. Then he appears on the newest trailer for 09-2009 Best Motoring and they say 7:19, and show one of their drivers testing it around the Nurburgring.

I just found it interesting since there has never been a published time for the V-spec.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I believe they are waiting for the European introduction of the V-Spec GT-R to publish the nurs time.
I am expecting it to be as rumored since they estimated it manually while the Beast was testing on the Rig ((around 7:22s))

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I will tell you I know for a fact it has run 7:24:x. X being a high number. This wasn't on a great day and they have since gone back for mor testing since this time (this time was nearly a year ago iirc in testing). nissan knows it can go faster but they don't know how much until they have a great day etc.

They did achieve a really good time a few months ago but no ones saying what it was or if it was there target or if they will look for a higher number.

U may be right about waiting for its full release in the eu before they release those final numbers.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Lol

I will feel better about the price if it achieves 4 minutes something.:bowdown1:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts