GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Vendor
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to put into like a valet mode , possibly leaving my car to be detailed next couple days and wanna make sure its not goonna be driven about .

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Yes. Turn the car on without pressing the brake pedal.

Hold down the voice control button on the steering wheel, and say, "valet mode"

You'll know if it's worked by the two beeps. If you don't get the beeps, start the process again. Sometimes takes a few goes.

·
Registered
330 Posts

You'll know if it's worked by the two beeps. If you don't get the beeps, start the process again. Sometimes takes a few goes.
I find mine really tempramental, sometimes works first time, sometimes tenth. Probably should get it looked at!

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Litchfield added it to my map for me - doesn't come as standard, works well

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Tell them it has a tracking system with holiday mode which if it exceeds 10mph it will automatically trigger the immobiliser system and they will call you and it costs £79 for false alarms , and that you have requested that to be activated when it's left out of your site. They may think twice about ragging the beast then

·
Registered
2,487 Posts

This. It's a real pain sometimes. I find putting a full seconds worth of pause between Valet and Mode often cures it for me.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Press the speech button, and say "Disable Valet Mode" with a 1-2 second gap between each word.

·
Vendor
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Right I have been trying this and just cannot seem to activate valet mode , tried saying it slowly and just doesn't seem to work !!!

Are you guys sure that all GTR have this mode as mine doesn't seem to work.

Wonder if this is covered in the litchfields warranty ....

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Right I have been trying this and just cannot seem to activate valet mode , tried saying it slowly and just doesn't seem to work !!!

Are you guys sure that all GTR have this mode as mine doesn't seem to work.

Wonder if this is covered in the litchfields warranty ....
Ring up and ask. Talk him through everything you're doing :)

·
Vendor
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ring up and ask. Talk him through everything you're doing :)

yeh good idea, apparently not all r35 came with this mode as standard, and the ones that didn't were lighter and a bit faster than the others.

think I got one of the faster ones then

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
For kicks, try with a Japanese accent. :)
Actually you've just hit on something there.
I did help a member out a while back because he was saying "VAL-ET mode", as in pronoucing the T.

Make sure you say "VAL A mode"

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I'm pretty sure "Varray" mode is a legit command!

Well if t aint working I guess you do have a fast one...... or you have one of the slow ones with a broken feature, is your MFD faulty ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts