GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for GTR wheel caps to replace the Nissan ones for a while, sometimes they are on Ebay etc but seem to disappear. Thought I'd show everyone the ones Signdezine have just made for me, I gave them the GTR logo and they have now made a permanent link on their website for anyone else interested.

This is the URL for the logos, I got 54mm which covers the OEM cap perfectly;

3D Domed Gel GT-R Wheel Center Badges Decals Set of 4, Misc 3D Domed Gel, 3D-Domed-Gel-GT-R-wheel-center

If you're like me and don't want to ruin the originals removing the Nissan badge, here are replacements from Ebay;

nissan alloy wheel centre center caps etc 55mm | eBay

Easiest way I found to remove the badge was using a soldering iron from the back and melting the pins, quick sanding on the front and job done.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
Brilliant idea and I don't want to put a downer on it but that is the Skyline GTR 'R' not the GT-R 'R'...? GTR 'R' is square edged (look at your front or rear badge).

No big deal as easy to fix and geart solution!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I couldn't find a vector based GTR logo with the pointy edges to the R, for what these cost, I'm happy :)

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Luckily I happened to find some on ebay at the beginning of the year that were the correct R35 logo. A vendor in Singapore, who sadly doesn't list anything at the moment.

They are a really high quality laminated foil, so have a metal finish under plastic. Looks OEM.

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
They look superb David.

Have you got a close up of those ?
I'll try and get one.
Shame they're not being offered at the moment. Really good quality and they fitted perfectly on my flat TSW centre caps. Although I didn't perfectly centre a couple of them... :bawling:

·
Registered
924 Posts
ChuckUK

Thanks for the idea. I just bought a set off ebay which are the 54 mm Gel dome.

eBay Item number: 110959010977 Vendor is called "cheaper_on_sale"

Going to use the original centres but if I [email protected]@k them up, I'll go with your option for replacement centres.

Price delivered off eBay by the way is less than 25% of the UK ones, but I will wait and see what the quality is like before bragging.:bowdown1:

David.

Not that I really care too much, but are mine the correct logo, cause I don't see a whole lot of difference?

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
ChuckUK

Thanks for the idea. I just bought a set off ebay which are the 54 mm Gel dome.

eBay Item number: 110959010977 Vendor is called "cheaper_on_sale"

Going to use the original centres but if I [email protected]@k them up, I'll go with your option for replacement centres.

Price delivered off eBay by the way is less than 25% of the UK ones, but I will wait and see what the quality is like before bragging.:bowdown1:

David.

Not that I really care too much, but are mine the correct logo, cause I don't see a whole lot of difference?
These are mine which are the correct R35 logo. Shame I didn't stick it properly in the centre... :rolleyes:

The ones you ordered have the older Skyline GT-R logo, the most obvious difference being where the diagonal from the "R" starts. You'd have to look pretty closely to notice though!

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
These are mine which are the correct R35 logo. Shame I didn't stick it properly in the centre... :rolleyes:

The ones you ordered have the older Skyline GT-R logo, the most obvious difference being where the diagonal from the "R" starts. You'd have to look pretty closely to notice though!
These look real nice!

So these just stick on over the Nissan badge or do you remove that first?

Are these for sale David or were they something you arranged for yourself?

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
See my post above. Bought on ebay in January and haven't seen them listed since. :(

I'm on TSWs now and they have a flat centre cap, so nothing to remove.

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Good one! He's changed the name of his company, but those are the ones. Really good quality.

Half tempted to buy another set and remount them properly. Even if I could take my wonkily mounted ones off intact, I know I could never get them to stick properly again.
im on my 2nd set!

:chuckle:

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
So to fit these I have to remove the OEM wheel caps and stick these on in their place, or must I find some flat aftermarket caps and fit these on top?

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You have to remove the Nissan logo, but in doing this you damage the caps, hence why I got spares. You stick these in there place.

·
Registered
924 Posts
David

Try Araldite sticks everything.

Just had to do the same with some cheap tyre valve caps off ebay.

Good one! He's changed the name of his company, but those are the ones. Really good quality.

Half tempted to buy another set and remount them properly. Even if I could take my wonkily mounted ones off intact, I know I could never get them to stick properly again.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts