GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Vendor
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen a set of GTR alloy wheels like these?

Currently being refurbed in house for a customer.... more photos to come..

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Wowsers thats some damage! Touch wood mine don't have a mark on them after 20 months :cool:

·
Vendor
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DONE!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Currently trying to get mine refurbed as Kwik-Fit in Peterborough ****ed everyone of mine when they changed the tyres.

Really struggling to get the paint code, don't suppose you know it?

Where is this Lepsons place located?

·
Vendor
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunately, we do not know the exact original paint code. But we have matched it as chosen by the customer. And he seems very satisfied :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've just been informed by the company 'doing' mine that they have a 'Chrome Lacquer' on them...........

Is this true, or are they actually a standard colour and standard lacquer?

These GTR wheels are a bit of a nightmare really

·
Registered
440 Posts
Nissan doesn't supply paint code of the wheels, just to make our life easy.:bawling:
Otherwise Lepsons located in Gillingham Kent (few corners from us, we always use them for GTR wheels and always top quality job and matching colours) If you need any help to get this sorted let me know. :wavey:

·
Registered
600 Posts
every refurb place i ever spoken to regarding the black edition wheels say the same,

they can come close to the original colour but not quite, obviously creates a problem if your having just 1 wheel done etc..... as a result alot of people opt for gloss black or have all 4 wheels done to guarantee a match.

annoying isn't it!

i m dreading ever having to refurb my 2011 wheels! : /

j.

·
Banned
51 Posts
How much does it cost for a wheel, or set, to be refurbed at a reputable place? Am looking for somewhere within an hour or so from Watford if possible.

Cheers....

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had all 4 on mine done at a place in Leicester called Perfection Alloys.

I probably wouldn't use the again if I'm honest.

They cost £370 for all four FULL refurbs

·
Vendor
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We are in Milton Keynes, approx 35mins from Watford.

We charged approx £80 per wheel depending on extent of damage.

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
Can recommend this place in west hempstead.. FA Wheels had my volks redone in orange (on my evo x) and were great..
I ended up going to them last week for the M3 and they were fantastic.

REally good guys with a whole load of paint finishes.

The chief tech there was a guy called Paul and when I told him about the GTR colour he decided to start looking into it as he's always fascinated by hard to match finishes.

It's possible they could come up with something very close as from the examples I saw hanging up, they aren't far off already.

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
every refurb place i ever spoken to regarding the black edition wheels say the same,

they can come close to the original colour but not quite, obviously creates a problem if your having just 1 wheel done etc..... as a result alot of people opt for gloss black or have all 4 wheels done to guarantee a match.

annoying isn't it!

i m dreading ever having to refurb my 2011 wheels! : /

j.
I totally agree, especially re the 2011 wheels! they are even harder to match.

You could always ge just the two on one side done. No one would spot it!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts