GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i dont know if this is the right section to post this but here goes...
Reece Mcgregor is in Oz for the Nationals and fast 4's n rotaries Jamboree i've been watching the heat treatments GTR slowly claw its way closer to the 7.67 world mark....
Reece had a few qualifying runs for andra before the weekend racing here's the link for those 2 passes.... http://www.ozhoon.com/Vids/OzHoon-heattreatmentGTR-100906.wmv
2nd pass beat the hks et by 5mph with 186.8Mph, bogged down off the line big time though..
those clips were taken during the week....
so the weekend results
Reece broke out in the 2nd round of eliminations but not before posting a 7.73 @ 183.59Mph
he's due back out on the track next weekend for Jamboree, i'll be out there all weekend watching. will let you all know how he goes and if we have a new World Record......

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
That's a top effort from Reece's team. After all these years, HKS may have to get Kawasaki-san back in the seat and start pushing the envelope. Great news for all fans.

Cya O!

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
The ‘Heat Treatments’ GTR Skyline of Reece McGregor drove into the record books today with a 7.59 @ 192mph pass. This smashes the previous record held by the HKS GTR from Japan of 7.67 @ 182mph.

The pass was completed with the rev limit set to 9500rpm and the car was black-tracking and banging off the limiter well before the finish line. The AWD GTR’s limiter has now been raised to 11,000rpm and they intend to have another shot at it.

And the video

2006 Fast Fours Jamboree - Press Release 5

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
HOLY SH*T!:eek:

With that snake line it was more than a 1/4 mile. That´s a monstrous steam machine!

So the untouchable HKS record is down!:popcorn:

I hope the HKS boys will get the old lady out again to show what can be done.

And this fella will need to start training again

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
That is one bloody quick car ,more wheelspin than my Dubai run!!
very well done Reece. You can see that,s going much quicker when it runs straight!!!!!
Ron

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
WELL DONE

Fantastic Reece,and your team you have revived the sport what an achivement,
From me and all at GT-ART

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.