GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

My Skyline is now up for sale. Some of you know a bit about the history of this car. Bought it to learn the Nurburg Ring in and it spent last year out there and did 160 odd laps plus a few UK track days. Someone else blew the engine up at Silverstone in March and it has just had nearly £5k spent on a rebuild. Now has new head, forged pistons, new turbos and a larger baffled sump.

Also caged, harnesses, fire extinguisher, strengthened tow hook (not standard), 3 bullet cameras and recording device behind front seat. I had fitted new alloy rad, 330mm K Sport discs at front and braided hoses and 5.1 fluid, used HKS gaskets, etc. Removed HICAS with lockout bar.

Puts out 422bhp at 1bar and is therefore reliable at this sort of output for a lot of track use. This is not a show car and has a dent on the rear quarter that could readily be fixed. Wheels are 17" with T1R's on. I have a 2nd set with Cup Sports on (to be sold separately.

Looking for £7,750 ideally. Might even swap for a sensible estate car in reasonable nick.

NL sunvisor included. Also have all rear seats (not fitted), sun visors, etc. All carpets, etc. still in place.

Dent in rear quarter.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi All

Just had a quote for fixing rear quarter of £350 to £400, so knocking that off original price. This is a beast of a track car. Took it for one day out at Snetterton since rebuild to settle things in and it was superb. Been back to garage since and all hoses checked, etc.

No problems and ran like a train all day. Kept an eye on temps, revs, etc. and kept it steady. Sounded superb! (according to the other 9 Skyline owners there on the day.)

Re-worded original post with lots more info. Will take offers around £7k. I was offered that earlier in the year BEFORE £5k's worth of engine work! Shame buyer had to pull out due to lack of funds.

This motor is ready to go and taxed and MOT'd.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Revised Wording - Lots more info ...

Skyline R32 GTR 1992

Gunmetal Grey. Just had FULL ENGINE REBUILD WITH LARGER WOSSNER FORGED PISTONS, large TRUST SUMP and ‘new’ TURBOS. No expense spared. Over £5k on rebuild alone.

I bought this to learn the Nurburg Ring in 2008 and it performed faultlessly. Indeed, the legendary Nissan Test Driver Dirk Schoysman drove this car around ‘steadily’ in 8.40 on a busy Tourist Day last year. This is the ideal track toy and is ready to play.

Dyno’d at 422bhp last year, following initial running in on DynaPack it was producing 409bhp at less than 1bar, well within limits of parts. This car will now run and run.

Bought in November 2007 I have since added a new alloy radiator, braided hoses, K-Sport 330mm 4 pot brakes on the front, ‘new’ suspension, new rear bushes and subframe, ‘new’ LSD, HICAS removed, full cage, harnesses, 3 bullet cameras and a recording device. Rear seats removed but available. All aircon has been removed.

Engine Rebuild included :
Wossner Forged Piston Set, HKS 1.2mm Headgasket, ACL Race Bearing Set, 2 x Oil Filters, Cambelt, Turbo Gasket, New ***** and re-bore, skimmed cylinder head, front and rear seals, new gaskets, new larger baffled TRUST SUMP, cylinder head, turbos, CV Boot, running in on DynaPack, tune on DynaPack.

Been used gently on 1 track day since run in. Ran perfectly. Been back to PJ Motorsport since for check over and had all hoses tested and setting looked at. All fine.

Other modifications include:

New alloy radiator, Nov 2007, New K-Sport Brake Kit, 4 pot, 330mm £1,200 March 2008, Used Cusco Suspension July 2008, New battery Jan 2009, ‘New’ passengers door 2008, New rear bushes and subframe July 2008, ‘New’ Rear Arms Upper and Lower March 2009, 2KG Fire Extinguisher April 2008, just had new brake hose and Dot 5.1 fluid.

Work already done:

Uprated Oil Cooler, Uprated HKS Intercooler, Dump Valve, De-cat (Cat not required for MOT), APEXI full exhaust system (with additional baffle, ideal for track days with low sound limits), Uprated ECU, Twin Apexi Induction Kit, 17” BB Wheels with Toyo T1R’s for wet road use and 17” White Nismo split rim wheels with Ray Hubs with Michelin Pilot Cup Sports for track use, (All tyres have seen a lot of use and wheels have some marks but are generally in good condition.) Nismo dials converted to MPH (indicates up to 320), Greddy Turbo Gauge, HKS front and rear strut brace, GTR Gearknob, Italian leather handbrake gaiter and gear stick gaiter, Momo steering wheel
Tailor made GTR mats, Carbon Fibre pedals.

Comes with Cat 1 alarm and immobiliser. Taxed and MOT.

Bad Points:
Dent on rear quarter. Quoted £350 to £400 for repair and paint.
Few marks on paintwork, normal for car used for track work.
Will need new front pads or I can get this done for cost of pads (est. £170+VAT).

Previous owner had for 2 and ½ years. This is the wording from his ad : For those not in the know, the R32 GTR is regarded as one of the purest Skylines produced. The GTR model is the ultimate Skyline benefiting from a 2.6 litre straight six twin turbo engine. This is basically a de-tuned Group A Touring Car. The standard engine produces 280bhp fed initially to the rear wheels, but power can be diverted as needed to the front wheels, so it then becomes a 4 wheel drive.

No canvassers please. No test drives without proof of insurance. UK buyers only. Call if you have any questions.

£7,250 or very nearest offer. Dropped price from £7,750 to allow for work on rear quarter. Might even swap for a sensible estate car in reasonable nick.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump. I'm open to sensible offers for this now as I've already replaced it and need the space! Give me a call. 07966 136 358.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Good luck with the sale mate....its a nice looking 32 you got there...such a shame the way the skyline market has gone :(

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Thanks for the comments about the car. Will make someone a good motor. Just got to find someone to look at it and I'm sure we'll be able to sort out a deal.

Just read you avatar. Bad news. Sorry to hear about that. Sad day.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would like to move this before Christmas if possible. Any sensible offers accepted. Spent £5k on the engine plus cage, spare wheels, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts