GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
Having a spot of bother with my GTR32. It is missfiring at high revs under boost. The car runs fine at lower revs on boost. I have changed the plugs and still the same (denso irridiums). I have upgraded the fuel pump and have just fitted a Apexi PFC and still have the problem! according to the FC all sensors are working correctly and are reading what they should be. Could it be a faulty coil pack? I have checked each one visually and all looks ok. have also fitted extra earth cables and still no joy. I am reading high knock levels when missfiring. Can anyone help??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already had a loook! Doesnt help. Tried most things the guys have talked about relating to this issue. Im running out of ideas!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I've written about this before. I had exactly the same prob (knock readings aside), mine was most prominent once it was warm. I replaced plugs and then swapped coil packs round and it would cure it for one run and then bugger up again i,e would run fine and then sooner or later once warm would start missing above 3k under load. As it was only under load it was impossible to diagnose when stationary and under the bonnet. I borrowed an ignition module of a colleague round the corner and it ran fine...hence I bought a s/h for 80 quid and problem gone
I'm not saying it is this, but if you can borrow one (tis only a few mins to remove after all) then you can prove/disprove this...

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I had a misfire a few times - it got down to a routine: I'd pull the ignition amp out (four screws, takes a minute at most), and then take it with me. The next time I'd drive the car, I'd screw it back in, and the misfire would mysteriously disappear. I'm under the impression that old, aged ignition amps can get cranky and insolent when hot. Next summer, I will be sure to have a spare in the car to swap out if needed.

Are you sure about your plug gaps being tight enough?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Plug gaps are good. Will try a drifferent module, does anyone have one lying around i could possibly borrow or purchase from them? will post a thread in the wanted section. Thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've written about this before. I had exactly the same prob (knock readings aside), mine was most prominent once it was warm. I replaced plugs and then swapped coil packs round and it would cure it for one run and then bugger up again i,e would run fine and then sooner or later once warm would start missing above 3k under load. As it was only under load it was impossible to diagnose when stationary and under the bonnet. I borrowed an ignition module of a colleague round the corner and it ran fine...hence I bought a s/h for 80 quid and problem gone
I'm not saying it is this, but if you can borrow one (tis only a few mins to remove after all) then you can prove/disprove this...
Give this man a cigar! Shes back up and running better than ever! Very smooth with no problems. Faulty ignition module was the cause!!! Only just had the time to fit it and try it out. Thanks for the help guys and kennyc for supplying it.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts