GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Just got myself a new GT-R rear emblem w/ black background as part of my BNR32 restoration... then I noticed the "R" was painted in a very unusual dark red color, is this normal for the R32? or for the black background only? What's worse is if I got a factory defect one. Hope not.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
That's the correct colour from the factory for the R32, I binned the factory one on mine and went the ebay way, they're cheap enough and look better IMO just need to replace them every year.

Charlie.

·
Registered
892 Posts
both as mine has fade'd and unsure of the proper colour for the red on the badge is .....same for the badges on the front wings

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Factory

Ebay (best pic i got at the mo)

Charlie.

If you pm me your moby number i'll send a better one to you.

·
Registered
892 Posts
i think mine is just faded would like to find out the original paint code before i re-do it with anyother red ......

thanks for the pic's

·
Registered
892 Posts
yeh...thanks mate

save the planet paint your own......nah paint your own to save MONEY to spend on fuel to increese global warming to get better weather in this country so we can get rid of that dam salt they put down that rott my GTR........( rant over ) :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The R32 GT-R emblems are matched to each colour of GT-R.
The R is always red though.
Yep but see I have this R34 rear emblem and R32 rear emblem... the red color in the "R" is so different. The R32 GT-R emblem (w/ black b/g) has a burnt like red color in the "R". Wait Ill try to post some pics

·
Registered
25,970 Posts
we supply the R35 rear badges

which are 10x better

they have a crystal finish to the R

pm me if you want one

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
yeh...thanks mate

save the planet paint your own......nah paint your own to save MONEY to spend on fuel to increese global warming to get better weather in this country so we can get rid of that dam salt they put down that rott my GTR........( rant over ) :)
PMSL!!!
:thumbsup:
bob

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Hi Guys,
Just got myself a new GT-R rear emblem w/ black background as part of my BNR32 restoration... then I noticed the "R" was painted in a very unusual dark red color, is this normal for the R32? or for the black background only? What's worse is if I got a factory defect one. Hope not.
No, thats how they're supposed to be. I bought a brand new TH1 coloured rear GT-R badge last year and the R is done in a very flat looking pinky red colour. I'll pop up a picture if you want one so you can compare it to yours. My front wing badges are original as far as I can tell and they are basically pink and silver (ewwww !!)
I also have a new R34 GT-R front badge that I'm putting on the front and the R is done in a much nicer metallic red. Thinking about painting the rear R to match but then its not original so I'm not sure. There is actually quite a difference in letter shape between the R32 and R33 rear badge.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
If the badge aint the same as the first pic I posted (the red) then it isn't factory, end of story.
If you that worried about the cost the ebay ones are £2.99

Charlie.

·
Registered
25,970 Posts
the 32-34 ones look quite flat on the red colouring, 34 ones are the best out of the bunch

but not a patch on the 35

you have to see one in the flesh to see what i mean

ebay - erm yeah but they look totally poo

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here's my pic of oem emblems of R32 and R34, see how dark red the R is on the 32? It's almost maroonish. I did not use the flash when taking this shot as to not make the illusion of lighter color on these emblems.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts