GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ELLO ,

im looking for upgraded turbos for my gtr32 , and if im honest im not sure which to go for ! i would like a hike from its now 330 ish bhp to around 400 - 430 bhp..... , with my standard turbos already in fine condition , does anyone know of anywhere that would trade the old ones for upgraded turbos?

ps , would any internal engine work be needed for the 400 - 430 bhp mark?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Hello Mark
Ok first off, you're unlikely to get more than approx. 380bhp at the flywheel on standard turbos although there are plenty that say that stage one( 1 bar of boost, decat, induction) gives between that and 400bhp. The safe limit for the standards is no more than 1 bar so I would suggest switching to steel internalled standard size turbos if you just want the power figures you've suggested. Try to be realistic though. Once above these sorts of figures you will need to start allowing for more fuel and better management (new bigger injectors + seperate ECU) if you don't already have them, which I presume you don't. As for suitable traders, RB Motorsport will be your closest I think. No internal work would be needed, they're good for around 5-600bhp IIRC.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Your best bet is to ring someone like RB/Abbey/RK Tuning and get their advice. Those guys live and breathe the cars and will offer better advice than me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts