GTR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just been told that my uk spec gtr34 is worth only 15,000pds to middlehurst nissan,and at best lucky if you get 20,000 in a private sale,51 plate car loads of history and hks extras,62,000,great news.Maybe i should burn it then and get what its really worth.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
That sounds very low - with your spec I would expect mid £20'sK.

At the end of the day, a car is worth what someone will pay.....

Cheers,

·
Super Moderator
16,099 Posts
A trade in is always less isn't it, and dealers never give you the value a private buyer might, particularly if you've got some interesting mods.

But yes they are decreasing in price. Mid to low 20s sounds reasonable tbh. Suggest you advertise it and sell privately.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
selling.

A trade in is always less isn't it, and dealers never give you the value a private buyer might, particularly if you've got some interesting mods.

But yes they are decreasing in price. Mid to low 20s sounds reasonable tbh. Suggest you advertise it and sell privately.
i have it on piston heads,though theyve put it in the gtr column and not the gtr34 1,im after an fq360 again.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Skyline's are hardly selling at all right now. Maybe if you haggle a bit you could get 17K from middle hurst but it isn't how it was ~2 years ago, when a mint R34 GTR would fetch 30K plus easy.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
price

Skyline's are hardly selling at all right now. Maybe if you haggle a bit you could get 17K from middle hurst but it isn't how it was ~2 years ago, when a mint R34 GTR would fetch 30K plus easy.
i have seen a couple of cars i like but the garages obviously need an outlet for mine and middlehurst was an obvious choice.if he,d offered 20 i would have taken it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
spec.

Ive seen your car layinglow and its worth loads more than 20k.

Did middlehurst know you had a HKS engine with V-cam etc...?
i,m not sure,but abbey done most of the work and 1 call to them would confirm the obvious,i have now put most of the spec on my ad on piston heads under gtr and not gtr34 sadly.

·
Super Moderator
16,099 Posts
V-cam HKS engine changes things slightly! Must be worth mid-twenties minimum.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
so what is the spec?

and are you sure this isn't an ad in disguise?

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Its only Vcam, doubt its a full HKS engine otherwise it would be stated in the add. If its running 500bhp+ then internals will need doing soon.

I think you have priced it realistically as a starting point but I will be surprised if a UK car with 62k miles goes for more than 22k, even with a few extras, its still running standard rims, UK lights, stock suspension and bodywork.

At this time of year I would expect it to make closer to 20k !

Just trying to give you a realistic guide rather than the usual "It must be worth more than that" statements which always crop up on forums but dont actually result in sales !!

J.

edited to add I think its a nice car and have a feeling I have been out in it !!! :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have just been told that my uk spec gtr34 is worth only 15,000pds to middlehurst nissan,and at best lucky if you get 20,000 in a private sale,51 plate car loads of history and hks extras,62,000,great news.Maybe i should burn it then and get what its really worth.
It's worth what someone will pay for it!
Obviously it's only worth £15K to Middlehurst Nissan.

"burn it" ... and get what the assessor thinks it's worth. He'll look up a price guide and offer you peanuts which you'll have to argue with by presenting similar cars having recently sold. Good luck with that one :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts