GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a late 09' (2010) GT-R.

I have some questions about the bellhouse bearing and what you think about this slack.

Take a look at the video. Any opinions? Is this normal or too much?
My car have normal rattle sound I think, at least compared to other cars i've seen and what people have said.

But if there are any GTR experts here, please let me know:)

The GTR35 community is pretty small in Norway, so thought I should have a go here :)

Thanks!

https://youtu.be/lz96LFwWHh8

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Doesn't seem excessive to me. Search google for other videos as a comparison. You'll soon see what some are like

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Divided opinions ?
If you were looking at that bearing in an industrial environment you’d quickly conclude that it had failed. Why the GT-R community find sloppy bearings acceptable is beyond me, as an engineer. The bell housing on this vehicle is obviously under engineered and has an inherent problem that needs to be engineered out by using a modified and uprated component.

So, from an optimists point of view, your bearing still has life, but from an engineers point of view, it’s time to get your spanners out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, that is what im thinking also.
Thinking of replacing the bell house with a new one from Litchfield, sent them a inquiry now. So well see if they ship to Norway and what final costs will be.

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Heck that looks goosed. My apologies regarding my first post here. I stupidly based it on videos I'd seen of the amount of horizontal play being the more relevant shaft movement!

Good luck getting it back on the road.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heck that looks goosed. My apologies regarding my first post here. I stupidly based it on videos I'd seen of the amount of horizontal play being the more relevant shaft movement!

Good luck getting it back on the road.
Yes, I also thought it didn't look that extreme, but im glad I had it checked out anyways. Imagine doing ohighway speeds and this locking up.. ****ing up maybe both my engine and transmission!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Bearing is done, you need to replace it mate. You can damage your Main propeller shaft if you continue to drive with this play.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts